Christina Michelle HoustonPartner
Member of the Section Council of the Business Law Section of the American Bar Association
Christina Houston chairs the Delaware corporate transactional practice, as well as the Delaware legal opinion practice, of DLA. Christina is a nationally recognized expert in the areas of limited liability company (LLC) law, partnership law, and legal opinions. Her practice focuses on transactional and litigation advice, and she routinely acts as a consulting expert, on all aspects of LLC law, partnership law, corporate law, and Delaware law, including entity formation, deal structuring, governance matters (including ESG and public benefit considerations), special committees, internal disputes, structured finance, private equity, mergers and acquisitions, sales, divisions, restructurings, dissolutions and liquidations. Christina is a leader of DLA's work on the Corporate Transparency Act (CTA) and other anti-money laundering laws. Christina is a leader of DLA's work on Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAOs), and she is a leader of DLA's blockchain and emerging technology services.
Christina is the Chair of DLA's Audit Inquiry Response Committee, and is a leader of DLA's Opinions Committees.
- J.D., Temple University School of Law 2003
- B.A., College of the Holy Cross 1996
- "Single-Member LLC Agreement Forms," The Business Lawyer, Vol. 69, May 2014
- "Report on the 2010 Survey of Law Firm Opinion Practices," The Business Lawyer, Vol. 68, May 2013
- "DLA Piper acts for Rioprevidência and State of Rio de Janeiro in landmark transaction," The Lawyer, July 17, 2014
Memberships And Affiliations
- Christina is a statutory drafting member of the Partnership and Limited Liability Company Committee of the Corporation Law Section of the Delaware State Bar Association, which is responsible for annually reviewing and updating the Delaware Limited Liability Company Act, the Delaware Revised Uniform Limited Partnership Act, and the Delaware Revised Uniform Partnership Act.
- Christina is a member of the American Law Institute, the leading independent organization in the United States producing scholarly work to clarify, modernize, and otherwise improve the law.
- She is a member of the Working Group on Legal Opinions Committee, a national forum for the discussion of important issues relating to legal opinions.
- Christina is a member of the TriBar Opinion Committee. The TriBar Opinion Committee was formed over forty-five years ago by three New York bar associations, and its membership over the years has expanded to include lawyers from across the United States in leadership positions in state and national bar groups focusing on third-party legal opinion practice.
- Christina is a leader of the Business Law Section of the American Bar Association, including as:
- a member of the Section's Council;
- a member of the editorial board of The Business Lawyer;
- the Executive Editor, Legal Opinions and Ethics, of Business Law Today;
- the immediate past Chair of the LLCs, Partnerships and Unincorporated Entities Committee;
- a leader of the Legal Opinions Committee;
- a member of the Board of Advisors of the Professional Responsibility Committee;
- a member of the Law and Accounting Committee; and
- a member of the Section's Marketing Board.
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Nord/LB, LBBW and Rabobank on Highfield Solar’s two long-term corporate...
12 October 2023 .3 minute read
DLA Piper advises Eagle Football on acquisition of controlling stake in Olympique Lyonnais
20 December 2022 .4 minute read