Jennifer JinLegal Director
Jennifer has 20 years’ experience as a finance lawyer, focusing on structured finance, project finance, real estate finance and derivatives. She has acted for lenders, arrangers, multilateral institutions, sponsors and borrowers on financing transactions in Europe, UK, Africa, the Middle East and China in a wide range of sectors, including real estate, oil and gas, transport, retail, basic industries and financial services.
Jennifer regularly works on cross-border and complex financing structures both in syndicated loan and capital market context, advising clients on intercreditor arrangements and security issues across different classes of the debt structure.
Professional QualificationsSolicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales
- Assisting UK companies in establishing euro-commercial paper programmes with a total value of GBP1.55 billion to access Bank of England Covid Corporate Financing Facility.
- Advising a major bank on a structured repo agreement in connection with the financing of a real estate portfolio.
- Advising Jaja Finance in relation to its GBP530 million acquisition and securitisation of Bank of Ireland credit card business.
- Advising credit rating analysts in EMEA and in Asia, including:
- covering bond programmes for Turkish banks;*
- repacking transactions of CLO issuances for a major US bank;*
- working with Chinese counsel analysing legal uncertainties under Chinese law relating to auto leasing ABS transaction in China;*
- analysing and advising senior rating committee on mortgages law in China in connection with rating methodology for residential mortgaged backed securitisation in China;*
- advising rating committee on legal structure for first green secured bond issued by Bank of China.*
- Acting for a fund borrower in relation to a unique EUR120 million fund to fund net asset based loan facility supported by real estate assets based in over ten jurisdictions.
- Advising both swap counterparties and borrowers or SPV end-users on hedging agreements in connection with securitisation, project finance and real estate finance transactions.
- Chinese (Mandarin)
Jennifer was trained in a magic circle firm and worked in their London and Shanghai offices for nearly 10 years from 1990s. She also worked as an in-house counsel in structured finance and securitisation department of a major credit rating agency. She is a member of the China group steering committee in the London office.
My latest insights
+44 (0)20 7796 6214
+44 (0)773 829 6148