Celia is an Associate in the Litigation, Arbitration and Investigations Group at DLA Piper and is based in Dubai. She has experience in both the UK and Middle East in the area of commercial dispute resolution, including international arbitration and litigation.
Celia advises clients on complex, multi-jurisdictional disputes spanning a range of sectors including finance, real estate and hospitality & leisure.
- Represented one of the world's largest hotel and leisure groups in an LCIA arbitration which related to long term franchise agreements in Germany. The substance of the dispute focused on the interpretation and termination of the franchise agreements.
- Conducted an internal investigation and further due diligence for a Middle Eastern Bank concerning possible breaches of U.S. sanctions regime in Iran.
- Advised a global commercial real estate provider on producing anti-money laundering compliance programmes for its operations in the DIFC and ADGM.
- Represented a leading multinational fast-moving consumer goods company in LCIA arbitral proceedings relating to a high-value dispute with shareholders in respect of the payment of dividends.
- Advised a UAE-based and Cayman incorporated general partner of a Fund in respect of potential DIFC proceedings, providing advice on substantive and procedural DIFC law.
- University of Law (Bristol), Legal Practice Course and Msc in Law, Business and Management, 2018
- University of Newcastle, Bachelor of Laws (LLB), 2017