Brooke R. KerendianPartner
Brooke Kerendian focuses her practice on securities regulation and corporate law, with an emphasis on real estate capital markets.
Brooke has experience in public company securities issues, including periodic reporting, stock exchange and market regulations, public financings, including offerings of both equity and debt securities, proxy statements, and other required reports and disclosures. With respect to private companies, she has experience in securities issues relating to private equity fund formation, including those established as real estate investment trusts (REITs), and other private placements, as well as the application of registration exemptions under the Investment Company Act of 1940.
In her corporate practice, Brooke represents REITs and other real estate owners in joint venture transactions and counsels entrepreneurial clients on legal and business issues. She represents clients in negotiations with existing and prospective investors, joint venture partners, and service providers. Brooke also counsels public and private companies on compliance and corporate governance matters.
Brooke’s pro bono work includes leading a mentorship program for high school students from various Chicago public schools, which teaches students about professionalism, resumes, interview skills, conflict resolution, and entrepreneurship. She also advises not-for-profit organizations on corporate governance matters.
- J.D., University of Michigan Law School
- B.S., Indiana University
- Co-author, "Real Estate Fund Sponsors Under the Advisers Act: To Register or Not? That Is the Question," Private Equity Law Report, (March 2023)
Memberships And Affiliations
- Jewish Federations of North America, National Young Leadership Cabinet
- Israel Bonds, National Campaign Advisory Council
- Israel Bonds, National New Leadership Council
- Israel Bonds, Chicago New Leadership Vice Chair
- French-American Chamber of Commerce in Chicago, Board of Directors
- Jewish United Fund, Young Leadership Division Board of Directors
- National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts (NAREIT)