Nick Kokkinos offers experienced counsel focused on patent prosecution, IP transactions and due diligence, and IP portfolio growth and management. His practice also includes non-infringement, invalidity, and freedom to operate opinions and analysis supporting his client's critical business decisions.
A former Primary Patent Examiner at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Nick understands the complexities of the Office and can guide clients' most critical technologies to issue. Nick also supports his clients' interests with pre-litigation counseling, contract negotiation, licensing, and has represented clients in litigation before the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC).
Nick's technical experience spans a wide range of industries and technologies. He has counseled businesses in the fields of basic materials, adsorbents, mining, polymers, composites, adhesives, laminates, particles, coatings, ceramics, glasses, metallurgy, catalysts, optics, imaging, spectroscopy, rubber, transportation, logistics and automation, software, semiconductors, batteries including lithium-ion batteries, and others.
- Supported a variety of businesses in drafting, filing, and licensing patents and documenting critical trade secrets
- Counseled a materials company in a successful action before the International Trade Commission (ITC)
- Counseled a provider of water treatment solutions in the acquisition of a leading manufacturer and servicer of medical water, commercial, and industrial solutions in a transaction valued at over $190 million
- J.D., Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law
- B.S.E., Materials Science and Engineering, Case Western Reserve University
Memberships And Affiliations
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pittsburgh Intellectual Property Law Association (PIPLA)