Sebastian has advised lenders, borrowers and local and international financial entities in diverse financing operations, including syndicated and corporate financings, project finance, acquisition finance, financings with multilateral entities and export credit agencies and through the capital markets, including the issuance of bonds and shares in both local and international markets subject to Rule 144A/Reg S.
Prior to joining DLA Piper, Sebastian worked for seven years as an associate in one of Colombia’s leading law firms and as an associate in a New York law firm between the years 2014 and 2016.
- LL.M., University of Pennsylvania 2014
- LL.M., Post Graduate Degree in Commercial Law, Universidad De Los Andes 2012
- LL.M., Law Degree, Universidad De Los Andes 2010
- Chambers Global
- Up and Coming, Colombia Banking & Finance (2022 - 2023)
- Chambers Latin America
- Up and Coming, Colombia Banking & Finance (2022, 2024)
- The Legal 500 Latin America
- Next Generation Partner, Colombia Banking and Finance (2021 - 2022)
- Recommended, Colombia Capital Markets (2020, 2022)
- Next Generation Partner, Colombia Projects (2021 - 2022)
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Lenus Capital Partners on the acquisition of Medicadiz Hospital
28 March 2023 .2 minute read
DLA Piper Martinez Beltrán advises in a financing agreement for Vías del Nus toll road...
15 September 2022 .2 minute read