Amanda McCaffrey focuses her practice in the area litigation and regulatory law, advising clients on a wide range of compliance questions, commercial disputes, class actions, and other matters. Amanda contributes to DLA Piper’s environmental, social, and governance (ESG) initiatives, and supports clients in defining and achieving their sustainability goals.
Amanda has counselled businesses of various sizes across numerous sectors on regulatory issues and private disputes, with a special focus on current and emerging environmental regulatory regimes, and advises a sovereign government on multilateral climate diplomacy. Drawing on her experience working with intergovernmental bodies, government agencies, and human rights organizations, Amanda frequently analyzes risks and opportunities across domestic and international jurisdictions.
Amanda is an alumna of DLA Piper’s Krantz Fellowship program, which allowed her to devote her first year of practice to pro bono service, and sits on the firm’s North American Pro Bono Committee.
- J.D., Stanford Law School
- B.A., Anthropology, University of California at Berkeley
- Justice Seymour Simon Award for pro bono service, 2022
- Counseled a developing country party to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, including drafting negotiating materials for COP26
- Supported the firm’s participation in the Afghan Women Judges Rescue Project
- Represented clients seeking immigration relief through USCIS, EOIR, and California state court
- Represented incarcerated clients seeking post-conviction relief
- Represented amici curiae in a California appellate court review of a public school district’s eviction proceedings
- Conducted research for international and domestic nongovernmental organizations
- "2 Pro Bono Fellows Usher In DLA Piper Program’s 10th Year," Law360, February 16, 2021
CIVIC & CHARITABLE
- Led a policy practicum course at Stanford Law School in which students researched legal and policy solutions to assist high-risk Afghan refugees
- Led a series of creative writing workshops at two Bay Area jails
My latest insights
California lawmakers send new PFAS restrictions to Governor’s desk
29 September 2023 .4 minute read