Curtis L. MoPartner
Curtis Mo is recognized as a leading corporate and securities lawyer in Silicon Valley.
Curtis has represented emerging growth companies, major public companies, investment banks, venture capital funds and private equity funds in hundreds of public offerings, mergers and acquisitions, buyouts, venture capital financings and other complex transactions. He has extensive experience in corporate governance matters and regularly acts as general outside counsel to public and private companies at all stages of development, particularly in the technology, life sciences, clean energy technology and consumer sectors.
Curtis has lectured extensively at seminars sponsored by the Practising Law Institute and other professional groups, and has given expert legal commentary on emerging growth companies and the technology sector for CNN Moneyline, CNBC Business Center and various publications.
Among Curtis' clients have been such companies as Cisco Systems, Digital Island, Doubletree Hotels, E*TRADE Group, JetBlue Airways, Restoration Hardware, and many top-tier investment banks and venture capital funds.
He has handled pro bono projects that have had significant impact on the technology sector, including the spin-off of Firefox from Mozilla, the establishment of the Wordpress Foundation, and the creation of the Internet of Things Consortium (the IoTC) and the Association of Digital Asset Managers (ADAM).
- J.D., Columbia University School of Law
- B.A., Columbia University
- Chambers USA
- Band 4, California Venture Capital (2018-2023)
- Band 4, California Corporate/M&A: Venture Capital (2012-2017)
- Band 3, California Corporate/M&A: Venture Capital (2010-2011)
- Band 3, California Corporate/M&A: Deals in Asia (2012)
- Band 2, California Corporate/M&A: Deals in Asia (2007-2011)
- The Legal 500 United States
- Leading Lawyer, M&A/Corporate and Commercial Venture Capital & Emerging Companies (2021-2023)
- Recommended, Fintech (2023)
- Recommended, Fintech: Crypto (2023)
- Recommended, Media, Technology, Telecoms: Fintech (2020)
- Recommended, M&A/Corporate and Commercial Venture Capital & Emerging Companies (2012-2015, 2018-2019)
- Recommended, Finance Capital Markets Equity Offerings – Advice to Managers (2014-2017)
- M&A Advisor Award for Technology, Media, Telecom dealmaking (under $100 mm)—Acquisition of Cooking.com by Target Corporation (2013)
- Top Lawyers in Silicon Valley, San Jose magazine
- Who's Who, San Jose/Silicon Valley Business Journal (2008)
- AlwaysOn: "100 Top Deal Makers" list (2008)
- "Dealmaker of the Year" award, American Lawyer (2003)
- "Top 20 Lawyers in the State of California under the Age of 40," California Law Business
- IPO Vital Signs, Top 100 IPO Lawyers
- Serves as general outside counsel to Girls in Tech
- Founder and Chair, Practising Law Institute's Silicon Valley Corporate Law Update: Start-Ups, Financings, IPOs, M&A, Palo Alto (2012 - 2015)
- Founder and Co-chair, PLI's Venture Capital conferences; Co-chair, Annual Institute on Securities Regulation (2001 – 2006)
- Advisory Board, Annual Securities Regulation Institute in San Diego
Curtis was the founding and managing partner of the Palo Alto office of two different national law firms, and co-chair of the Corporate group in Silicon Valley for a third.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Board of Directors, Joint Venture: Silicon Valley Network
My latest insights
Applying the lessons of the SVB and Signature Bank failures: Steps for boards and...
15 March 2023 .4 minute read
DLA Piper advises Needham & Co. as underwriter in Blue Ocean Acquisition Corp’s upsized...
7 December 2021 .2 minute read