Stuart Murdoch is a regulatory, ESG and disputes lawyer with a particular focus in the financial services sector. He supports clients globally and has recently worked on matters involving more than 40 jurisdictions.
Stuart previously worked at a global bank and now acts for clients spanning life and pensions, asset management, funds, retail and corporate banking, FinTech, general insurance, private equity and professional services. He provides a full spectrum of regulatory advice from conduct, compliance and ESG through to enforcement and remediation.
Stuart co-leads the International Financial Services Disputes and International Funds ESG workstreams at DLA Piper. He is a qualified solicitor advocate and mediator and maintains an outstanding track record in the courts of England, Wales and Scotland where litigation proves necessary.
- University of Glasgow and University of British Columbia – LLB (Hons)
- University of Glasgow – Diploma in Legal Practice
- Law Society of Scotland In-house Rising Star of the Year - 2013
- Qualified Lawyers Transfer Scheme – English Law
- Solicitor Advocate – Scotland
- Certified Mediator – Core Solutions
My latest insights
Kenyan tea plantation workers claims are to be determined in Kenya, and not (for now) by...
21 November 2023 .7 minute read
Upper Tribunal criticises FCA and overturns Julius Baer managers’ ban
22 June 2023 .7 minute read