Lin Pang represents local, regional and national businesses, real estate ventures, Proptech firms, owners, purchasers, lenders and developers in a variety of commercial real estate transactions, including acquisitions and dispositions, commercial leasing, construction, financing and development projects. Lin works with developers, owners and operators of multi-family, hotel and office projects. She regularly represents banks, owners, developers and investors in structuring and negotiating major real estate and finance transactions, including structuring and closing acquisitions, sales and financings of office, industrial, retail and multi-family projects. Lin has drafted and negotiated leases and space leases for medical office, warehouse, industrial, retail, restaurant, general office and data centers.
In addition to her commercial real estate practice, Lin has worked with various technology companies, individual entrepreneurs, early stage, and venture-backed investors on electronic commerce and internet law matters, incubation strategies, asset-based tokenization, the use of distributed ledger or Blockchain-enabled means for businesses, real estate tokenization and PropTech transactions.
Lin has been recognized by Chambers USA, Maryland Real Estate. According to Chambers USA, Lin has a growing practice, regularly assisting with acquisitions and dispositions, development matters and leasing negotiations concerning commercial real estate.
Lin is the chair of the Maryland State Bar Association (MSBA) Real Property Section's Technology Committee, and serves on MSBA's Real Property Section Council, which is the governing arm of MSBA's Real Property Section.
- A global biopharmaceutical company in the lease negotiation for its research and development laboratory space in California
- A carrier company in the lease negotiation for the office and warehouse space in Maryland
- A multi-national biotech company in the lease negotiation for 80,000 rentable square feet of space for its warehouse and manufacturing use, including logistics, production and laboratory in Virginia
- A global technology company in connection with its US headquarter office lease in Virginia
- A regional real estate investment and management company in leasing work and development work for a 510,000 square foot shopping center located in South Carolina
- A publicly traded company in the lease review of its convenience store chain acquisition.
- A food hall development and management company in lease drafting and negotiation for its restaurants in Washington DC and Tennessee
- An artificial intelligence company in the lease negotiation of its office space in Pennsylvania
- A global data intelligence company in the lease negotiation for its office space in Washington DC
- A global energy technologies public company in the lease negotiations and other leasing matters for its warehouses and storage centers in multi-states.
- A blockchain technology company in connection with its blockchain-based real estate tokenization platform
- A technology company in its fund-raising via distributed ledger and tokenization of real estate and trading
- A global provider of data center services in connection with the drafting and negotiation of a 15-year lease for data center services provided to a multinational technology company in a deal valued at $600 million
- A global provider of data center services in connection with a long-term data center services agreement
Acquisitions and Dispositions:
- A real estate investment company in the sale of 37.5 acres of land and related infrastructure as well as development matters in Virginia
- An alternative asset management firm in the purchase of a full-service FBO, including the review of airport ground leases, tenant leases and hangar leases
- A joint venture in the sale of a trophy mixed-use 350,000 square foot residential and retail property in Maryland
- An Asian real estate investment company in the acquisition of controlling interests in the entity that owns a high-end mixed-use condominium property in New York City
- A European company in the purchase of a trophy office building in Maryland
- A private equity firm in the acquisition of self-storage facility containing approximately 51,000 rentable square feet.
- A private equity firm in the acquisition of vacant land to build multi-family buildings in North Carolina, including the drafting and negotiations of development agreement, easement agreements, and declarations.
- A global internet corporation in the acquisition of vacant land, warehouses, and distribution facilities in multi-states.
- A private healthcare fund in the acquisition of healthcare facilities in Nevada, Texas, Florida, Oklahoma, Ohio, Arizona, and California.
- A national commercial real estate investment and management company in the purchase of multifamily buildings, shopping centers, office buildings, mixed-use properties, and retail centers in Florida, North Carolina, Texas, Nashville, and Georgia.
- A life insurance company in a US$40 million construction/permanent loan for a mixed-use apartment and retail project in Maryland
- A national bank as co-lender in a US$90 million construction loan for a complex mixed-use retail, apartment, condominium and structured parking project in Maryland
- A national bank in a US$107 million construction loan for a multifamily apartment project in Maryland
- A national bank in a loan exceeding US$50 million for a complex development in Virginia involving a ground lease with the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority
- Three co-lenders in a mortgage loan exceeding US$500 million for a retail/office building in New York City
- Chinese (Mandarin)
- J.D., University of Maryland School of Law
- M.S., University of Pennsylvania
- Bachelor of Law, Fudan University
magna cum laude
- Chambers USA
- Up and Coming, Maryland Real Estate (2022)
- Associates to Watch, Maryland Real Estate (2020-2021)
- Co-author, "Why we need Proptech – now more than ever," Baltimore Business Journal, June 7 – 13, 2019
- Co-author, "Transformative Investments," CCIM Institute, November 2017
- Quoted, "China’s Blockchain Dominance: Can the U.S. Catch Up?," Knowledge at Wharton, April 23, 2019
Civic and Charitable
- Committee Member, DLA Piper’s Baltimore Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- Real Property Council Member – Maryland Bar Association
- Advanced Real Property Institute presenter and program member – Maryland Bar Association
Memberships And Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Maryland Bar Association
My latest insights
Future-proofing real estate businesses with ESG metrics and blockchain technology
31 October 2022 .7 minute read
Is blockchain the key to a more ESG-compliant supply chain?
26 January 2022 .2 minute read