Christopher C. PaciPartner
Chris Paci has substantial experience representing investment banks and US and foreign issuers in a broad range of capital markets transactions. These include registered offerings and private placements of equity, equity-linked, high-yield debt and investment-grade debt securities, as well as infrastructure financings in the debt capital markets. In addition, he advises on complex liability management transactions such as exchange offers, tender offers and consent solicitations, for corporate and subsovereign issuers.
Chris also has extensive experience in the securities law aspects of financial restructurings, including by acting as counsel to US and non-US companies in chapter 11 reorganizations and related ancillary proceedings.
Chris has worked with companies in many industries, including technology services, aerospace/defense, consumer/retail, healthcare/life sciences, financial services, manufacturing, and natural resources. The transactions in which he has been engaged have involved issuers in Latin America, Europe and Asia, as well as in the United States and Canada.
Chris regularly advises company clients regarding SEC reporting and disclosure requirements and corporate governance matters.
- J.D., Stanford Law School 1989
- Fulbright Fellow, Universities of Rome and Perugia 1986
- B.A., Yale University 1982
magna cum laude
- The Legal 500 United States
- Recommended, Capital Markets Equity Offerings – Advice to Issuers (2023)
- Recommended, Capital Markets Equity Offerings – Advice to Managers (2015-2023)
- Recommended, Capital Markets Debt Offerings – Advice to Issuers (2016-2019)
- The Legal 500 Latin America
- Recommended, Latin America: International Firms Capital Markets (2018-2019, 2021-2022)
- Recommended, Latin America: International Firms Banking and Finance (2022)
- Recognized in Latin Lawyer 250 (2016-2022)
- IFLR 1000
- Notable Lawyer in the United States (Corporate Finance, 2023)
- Panelist, "Raising Capital from Global Investors," LatAm Tech Forum 2021, Miami (November 2021)
- Moderator, "Deriving Maximum Value From Your Board," LatAm Tech Forum 2017, Coral Gables (May 2017)
Civic and Charitable
- Lawyers Alliance of New York, Board of Directors (February 2017 – June 2023)
- Read Ahead Inc., Board of Directors (March 2017 – to date)
Memberships And Affiliations
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York; Past Member, Securities Regulation and Financial Reporting Committees
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section
My latest insights
DLA Piper awarded LatinFinance’s 2023 “Bond of the Year” for Innergex Renewable Energy’s...
9 October 2023 .3 minute read
DLA Piper announces new Capital Markets and Public Company Advisory practice leadership
26 July 2023 .2 minute read