Peter’s practice focuses on private equity and other alternative investment funds in all aspects of their investment activities, as well as mergers and acquisitions and general corporate matters.
Peter represents public and private entities, including portfolio companies of financial sponsors, in connection with domestic and international deals, stock and asset purchases and corporate finance transactions. Peter has worked extensively on domestic and cross border acquisitions and dispositions (including mergers, stock transactions, asset deals and divestitures), as well as bidders involved in contested deals. Additionally, Peter regularly advises corporations, limited liability companies and other entities, as well as their boards of directors. He regularly represents clients across a variety of industries, including aerospace and defence, business services, consumer goods, technology, industrials and manufacturing, food, agriculture, real estate, healthcare and life sciences.
- Represented Atlas Holdings in its leveraged acquisition of Foster Farms.
- Represented Bregal Partners in its leveraged acquisition of Juniper Landscaping.
- Represented Stellex Capital Management in its leveraged acquisition of Peltram Plumbing Holdings.
- Represented Columbus McKinnon Corporation (NASDAQ: CMCO) in its leveraged acquisition of Dorner from EQT Mid Market US.
- Represented Kaleyra, Inc. (NYSE: KLR) in its acquisition of mGage from Vivial.
- Represented RADA Electronics Industries Ltd. (NASDAQ: RADA) In its business combination with Leonardo DRS Inc.
- Represented BAE Systems, Inc., a global leader in defence contracting, in the acquisition of Bohemia Interactive Simulations.
- Represented BAE Systems, Inc. in its US$1.9 billion acquisition of the Collins Aerospace Military Global Positioning Systems (GPS) business from UTC.
- Represented BAE Systems, Inc., in its US$275 million acquisition of the Airborne Tactical Radio business from Raytheon.
- Represented BAE Systems, Inc. in the sale of all its equity interests in its subsidiary BAE Systems Southeast Shipyards Alabama LLC to Epic Maritime Asset Holdings LLC.
- Represented CAE (NYSE:CAE; TSX:CAE) in its US$1.05 billion all-cash acquisition of a Military Training business from L3Harris Technologies (NYSE:LHX). The Military Training business provides a wide range of training systems, simulations and related services to US and international military customers.
- Represented First Washington Realty, a fully integrated national real estate investment and management firm, in its acquisition of Donahue Schriber Realty Group.
- Represented Great Point Partners in its majority equity investment in Tergus Pharma, an end-to-end service provider for topical pharmaceutical research, drug development, testing and manufacturing.
- Represented Great Point Partners in its minority equity investment in Velentium, LLC.
- Represented Whole Earth Brands, Inc. (NASDAQ: FREE), one of the world’s leading manufacturers of zero/low sugar and calorie sweeteners as well as reduced sugar products, in its acquisition of Swerve, L.L.C., a rapidly growing manufacturer and marketer of a portfolio of zero sugar, keto-friendly, and plant-based sweeteners and baking mixes.
- Represented InfoDesk in its sale to Cuadrilla Capital.
- Represented Act II Global Acquisition Corp., a special purpose acquisition company, in its business combination with Flavors Holdings Inc. subsidiaries Merisant Company, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of zero and low-calorie sugar substitutes, and MAFCO Worldwide LLC, the world’s leading manufacturer of natural products. In connection with closing, Act II domesticated to a Delaware corporation and changed its name to Whole Earth Brands, Inc. (NASDAQ: FREE).
- Represented Health & Happiness (H&H) Group International Holdings Ltd., a Hong Kong public company, in its strategic cross-border acquisition of Zesty Paws.
- Represented GS1 US, Inc. and GS1 Germany GmbH in the sale of their joint venture equity interests in 1WorldSync Holdings, a leading SaaS network, to Battery Ventures.
- Represented Aphria, a leading global cannabis company based in Canada, in its acquisition of SweetWater Brewing Company, one of the largest independent craft beer brewers in the US.
- Represented Benvic, a leading supplier of highly innovative thermoplastic solutions, in its acquisition of the Trinity Specialty Compounding division from Ravago Americas.
- Represented Benvic in its acquisition of Chemres LLC.
- Represented Masthercell, a Belgium-based developer of cell and gene therapies, in its sale to Catalent Pharma Solutions, Inc.
- Represented Grand Parade Investments Limited, an investment portfolio company focusing in areas of food and gaming, in its sale of all of the Burger King restaurants in South Africa to ECP Power and Water Holding LLC.
- Represented GfK US, LLC, a subsidiary of GfK SE, in the creation of a joint venture with Simmons Research Holdings, LLC.
- Represented Peckham Industries Inc. in its acquisition of Palmer Paving Corporation.
- Represented Alumacraft Holdings LLC, in its cross-border acquisition by BRP US Inc., a subsidiary of Bombardier Recreational Products Inc.
- Represented Sojitz Corporation of America, an integrated global trading company, in the sale of its stock interests in Strategic Minerals Corporation to Bushveld Vametco Limited.
- Represented Bowlero, the largest global operator of bowling entertainment centers, in numerous acquisitions of individually owned bowling centers.
- J.D., New York Law School
magna cum laude
- B.A., California State University, Los Angeles
magna cum laude
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Brookline Capital Acquisition Corp. in the closing of its business...
1 August 2022 .3 minute read
DLA Piper advises Whole Earth Brands in US$80 million acquisition of Swerve
12 November 2020 .3 minute read