Adam J. PieSenior Attorney
Adam Pié helps his clients navigate litigation and compliance risk across a wide-spectrum of legal subject matter. Adam’s practice primarily focuses on two practice areas: (1) internal investigations & corporate compliance, and (2) complex commercial litigation, Adam helps his clients ident.
Adam has extensive experience conducting complex compliance investigations and advising clients on a wide variety of compliance risks, including anti-bribery and anti-corruption, data privacy, books and records, SEC disclosures, product promotion, product safety, anti-kickback regulations, pharmacy controls, sanctions, and export controls. His experience includes both macro-level reviews of his clients' compliance structure, due diligence reviews of corporate acquisitions, and internal investigations in response to allegations or government inquiries including internal investigations in Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. Adam has helped his clients bolster, improve, and defend their compliance programs, including through evaluating and responding to government inquiries, conducting internal investigations, and advising on corporate compliance controls and remediation.
In litigation, Adam has experience in a wide-array of complex corporate litigation matters involving ERISA, employee benefits, bankruptcy, director and officer liability, fraud, insurance, tort, contract, immigration, appellate criminal law, property, government subpoena enforcement, and white-collar defense. Adam assists clients throughout the phases of litigation, including pre-trial discovery, deposition preparation, motions practice, trial advocacy, and post-trial appellate review.
- J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School 2012
- B.A., Lafayette College
Adam is a strong advocate of the DLA Piper’s extensive Pro Bono initiatives. Adam’s Pro Bono work includes: drafting wills for first-line responders, representing clients in immigration cases, partnering with immigration reform non-profit organizations in amicus briefs regarding the scope of immigration regulations, serving as special counsel for the Maryland Public Defender’s Office handling criminal appeals, partnering with the American Civil Liberties Union contesting the use of lethal gas in Arizona capital punishment, and assisting a civil rights litigation team representing students with learning disabilities in Georgia. In 2017, Adam was nominated for DLA Piper's National Pro Bono Award in recognition of his pro bono work.
- Co-Author, "Aligning your compliance program with the new DOJ guidance on corporate criminal enforcement: 3 takeaways and 4 practical steps," DLA Piper White Collar Alert, October 16, 2022
- Co-Author, "DOJ plans to make US sanctions enforcement “the new FCPA": watch these key areas," DLA Piper White Collar Alert, July 5, 2022
- Co-Author, "Out with the new, in with the old: FCPA enforcement under the Biden Administration," DLA Piper White Collar Alert, April 5, 2021
- Co-Author, "What does the revised DOJ Compliance Program Guidance mean for your business in a post-COVID world?" DLA Piper Compliance Alert/COVID-19 Alert, June 16, 2020
- Co-Author, "US-based pharmaceutical manufacturing in response to COVID-19: new manufacturers face risks," DLA Piper COVID-19 Alert, June 3, 2020
- "The Monster Under the Bed: The Imaginary Circuit Split and the Nightmares Created in the Special Needs Doctrine’s Application to Child Abuse," 65 Vand. L. Rev. 563, 2012
- Presenter, "How to Conduct Remote Workplace Investigations," Conference, Bongarde, November 30, 2020
- Presenter, "The New Normal: How to Conduct a Virtual Workplace Harassment/Violence Investigations," Conference, Bongarde, October 6, 2020
- Presenter, "The Age of Compliance: Navigating the New DOJ and SEC Guidance to Strengthen Compliance During and After a Pandemic," Webinar, ProLaw, October 7, 2020
- Presenter, "Remote Compliance: Navigating the New DOJ and SEC Guidance to Strengthen Compliance During and After a Pandemic," Webinar, Celesq, July 28, 2020
- Presenter, "Dealing with FCPA and Other Investigations Under the New Normal," Webinar, FDA News, June 16, 2020
My latest insights
Aligning your compliance program with the new DOJ guidance on corporate criminal...
16 October 2022 .11 minute read
DOJ plans to make US sanctions enforcement “the new FCPA": watch these key areas
21 July 2022 .7 minute read