Jonathan acts for a broad range of clients on fund structuring and establishment, fund investment and co-investment, and on secondary acquisitions and disposals, advising clients across a number of sectors including real estate and private equity. In addition, Jonathan advises on complex acquisitions, disposals and joint ventures in the real estate sector.
- Advising Longfellow Real Estate Partners on its GBP1.5bn joint venture with Public Sector Pension Investment Board and Norges Bank Investment Management, targeting investment in life science and innovation real estate across the UK.
- Advising a U.S. real estate private equity manager on the launch of a GBP2bn pan-European real estate fund.
- Advising Caddick Developments and Moda Living on its GBP1bn joint venture with Ares Management in relation to the development of over 5,000 new single-family build to rent properties.
- Advising LaSalle Investment Management in connection with the GBP1.3bn acquisition of 5 Broadgate, which serves as UBS's London headquarters.
- Advising Waypoint Asset Management on the launch of Waypoint Essential Stores LP, a real estate fund targeting investment in the essential stores sector in the UK.
- Advising an institutional client on its GBP170m disposal of a London office via the sale of the entire issued share capital of a Luxembourg company.
- Acting for one of the largest privately held real estate investors and managers in the world on the disposal of a GBP100m logistics asset, via the disposal of 100% of the shares in a Luxembourg company.
- Acting for a global institutional investor on the acquisition of a GBP100m London office.
- Sheffield University, LLB Law, 2004
- “His transaction management skills are exceptional. He has a great manner with clients, inspiring confidence and trust. He is very commercial and understands what clients need – both from an in-house legal perspective and a business perspective.” - General Counsel, Global Fund Manager & Investor
Memberships And Affiliations
- Investment Property Forum
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises John Laing on partnership in Norway's largest-ever PPP
13 April 2023 .2 minute read
UK Sustainability Disclosure Requirements (SDR): Key insights and implications for firms
30 January 2023 .12 minute read