Felipe Quintero SerranoPartner
Felipe Quintero Serrano is a partner in DLA Piper Martínez Beltrán's Corporate M&A practice. A significant component of his practice involves private equity funds.
Earlier in his career, Felipe worked in the Madrid and Bogota offices of a major international law firm, and with a major New York-based international law firm.
He is a professor of business and financial contracts at Universidad de los Andes and corporate law at Universidad Javeriana.
- LL.M., Harvard Law School
- Master's Degree, Business Law, Centro de Estudios Garrigues
Aranzadi Award as best student of the Master
- Law Degree Universidad de los Andes
magna cum laude
Felipe is included in various directories as one of the leaders in M&A law in Colombia. In 2016 he won the "Client Choice Award" for M&A (Colombia) awarded annually by International Law Office
- IFLR 1000
- Highly Regarded Lawyer, Colombia, Private equity and Restructuring and insolvency (2022-2023)
- Highly Regarded Lawyer, Argentina, Project development and Project finance (2022-2023)
- Latin Lawyer 250
- Key partner, Colombia, Corporate & M&A and Banking & Finance (2024)
- International Counsel, Corporate & M&A (2024)
- 2023-2024 - Highly Recommended Key Partner, Argentina, Corporate and M&A
- Chambers Global
- Band 2, Colombia Corporate/M&A (2023)
- Spotlight Table Foreign Expert, Colombia Corporate/M&A (Foreign Expert for Spain) (2023)
- Chambers Latin America
- Band 2, Colombia Corporate/M&A (2020 - 2022, 2024)
- Band 3, Colombia Corporate/M&A (2019)
- The Legal 500 Latin America
- Recommended, Colombia Banking and Finance (2021 - 2022)
The Legal 500 comments, "Felipe Quintero remains on hand (particularly in relation to structured finance."
- Leading Lawyer, Colombia Corporate and M&A (2018 - 2022)
The Legal 500 comments, "Felipe Quintero – 'a superb lawyer with clear, strategic and commercial advice and a skilled negotiator'."
- 2022 - Recommended, Colombia Projects (2018 - 2022)
Clients say, '...commitment to the client and, permanent availability and the speed with which they respond to inquiries are all outstanding.'
- Recommended, Corporate and M&A (International) (2019, 2021)
Memberships And Affiliations
- Colegio de Abogados de Madrid
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Lenus Capital Partners on the acquisition of Medicadiz Hospital
28 March 2023 .2 minute read
DLA Piper advises Masivian in its US$50 million sale to Route Mobile
11 October 2021 .3 minute read