John Seungjoo RahPartner
John Rah advises pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers, healthcare providers and suppliers and managed healthcare organizations on corporate compliance program development and operations designed to mitigate the risk of fraud and abuse.
John counsels clients on investigations and informal inquiries by the US Department of Justice (DOJ) and the US Department of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (OIG). His work also includes conducting internal investigations for health care companies involving potential violations of relevant policies and procedures designed to ensure compliance with the anti-kickback, Food Drug and Cosmetics Act .
John also has a deep background in negotiating and implementing Corporate Integrity Agreements (CIAs), Deferred Prosecution Agreements (DPAs), and state consent decrees, and regularly interacts with the OIG and other relevant agencies in connection with these integrity agreements.
- J.D., Georgetown University
- B.A., New York University
- The Legal 500 United States
2019 - Recommended, Corporate Investigations and White-Collar Criminal Defense
- Speaker, "Bench-to-Bedside Seminar Series: Conflict Principles to be Learned from Health Care Compliance Investigations and Enforcement," New York Medical College, April 21, 2021
- Panelist, "Conflicts of Interest in Healthcare: Opportunities for Self-Reflection and Action," Session IV: Conflict of Interest in For-Profit Institutions, New York Academy of Sciences, NYU Grossman School of Medicine, March 10-11, 2021
- Speaker, "Pharmaceutical Compliance forum Chief Compliance Officer Roundtable," March 18, 2021
- Speaker, "Managing Monitorships and Independent Review Organizations to Maximize Effectiveness," Virtual 21st Annual Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Ethics and Compliance Congress, November 4-6, 2020
- Speaker, "You are here - how strategic process mapping and project management can get you to the finish line of an investigation," DLA Piper, September 28, 2020
- Presenter, "From Data to Insights: Managing Risk Using Continuous Monitoring Analytics," Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics, September 14, 2020
- Moderator, "20th anniversary Pharmaceutical Compliance Forum in Washington, D.C.," November 6, 2019
- Panelist, "Leveraging Data Analytics to Bridge Management, Legal and Compliance," CBI 2018 Pharmaceutical Compliance Congress, April 25, 2018
- Panelist, "Critical CIA and Enforcement Learnings – Zero-In on Emerging Trends to Elevate Compliance Safeguards," CBI 2018 Pharmaceutical Compliance Congress, April 24, 2018
- Speaker, "Hands on Learning: Managing an Internal Investigation under a CIA, DPA and a Data Analytics Failure," 18th Annual Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Compliance Congress, Washington DC, November 7, 2017
- Panelist, "The Caremark Decision at 21: Corporate Compliance Comes of Age – What Does the Future Hold?" Temple Law School, October 26, 2017