David represents clients in a variety of industries in bankruptcy courts throughout the US. David's clients are corporate debtors, trustees, secured and unsecured creditors, purchasers and other stakeholders in a wide range of restructuring matters, including cases under chapter 11 of the US Bankruptcy Code, adversary proceedings, out-of-court workouts, negotiations and sales. He also advises on real estate, intellectual property and other transactional matters where one or more parties is or may become financially distressed.
- The chapter 11 trustee for the estates of In re Bikram's Yoga College of India, L.P. and its affiliated debtors in all aspects of chapter 11 proceedings
- The chapter 7 trustee for the estates of In re Zetta Jet USA, Inc. and its affiliated debtor in global litigation to recover assets for the benefit of creditors
- A potential purchaser of a US-based industrial chemical company in a sale under section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code
- An exploration and production company and its affiliates as debtors in chapter 11 in the US Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware resolving hundreds of millions of dollars of alleged environmental and decommissioning liabilities
- A sports retailer and its affiliates as debtors in a chapter 11 sale of substantially all of their assets to a non-US buyer
- J.D., Loyola Law School Los Angeles
magna cum laude
- B.S., University of California at Los Angeles
David served as a moot court judge to assist lead counsel in preparing for an appellate oral argument resulting in a published opinion clarifying the law on mutual restraining orders in the domestic violence context.
- Panelist, "Real Estate Workouts," 2023 Nuts And Bolts, Learning The Essentials: Commercial Finance, Real Estate Finance, and Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Topics For Young Professionals, Financial Lawyers Conference, September 29, 2023
After law school, David served as a law clerk for the Honorable Neil W. Bason and Ernest M. Robles, both of the US Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California. Prior to joining DLA Piper, he was a restructuring associate in the New York office of an international Texas-based law firm.
Memberships And Affiliations
Turnaround Management Association