Juan María RosattoHe/His/HimAssociate
Juan María Rosatto advises clients in complex international finance and capital markets transactions, under both New York and Argentine law. He has participated in several project finance transactions, secured and unsecured financings, debt restructurings, registered offerings and private placements of equity and debt securities, and liability management operations. He has additional experience in cross-border mergers and acquisitions.
• Advised a Chilean-German joint venture on a New York project finance for the construction of twelve photovoltaic plants in Chile under law;
• Advised BBVA on several New York secured and unsecured financings to corporate borrowers across Latin America;
• Advised a major Argentine agrobusiness in the restructuring of its US$500 million foreign debt;
• Advised the Argentine Province of Buenos Aires on its successful restructuring of its US$7 billion foreign debt (2021 Subnational Deal of the Year, LatinFinance)
• Advised the Argentine Provinces of Mendoza, Chubut, Salta, Entre Ríos and Chaco on their successful restructuring of their Rule 144A / Reg. S New York law-governed global bonds.
• Advised Edenor S.A., Argentina’s major electric distribution company in connection with its mandatory tender offer to purchase securities, before both SEC in the US and CNV in Argentina
• Advised Seaspan Corporation on its US$750 million acquisition of APR Energy’s assets globally
• Advised the Argentine Province of Mendoza, in its acquisition from Vale S.A. of 100% of the shares of the mining company Potasio Rio Colorado S.A.
• Represented Itaú in its recent cross-border acquisition of minority stakes in fintech companies Prex and Paigo
LL.M., Louisiana State University, 2018
Law Review Editor
Law Degree, Universidad Austral, 2015Diploma in Private Law
My latest insights
DLA Piper Advises Innergex Renewable Energy on Issuance of US$710 million Green Bonds in...
16 August 2022 .3 minute read
DLA Piper advises Itaú in its acquisition of minority stakes in Uruguayan fintech...
30 March 2022 .4 minute read