Andreas RüdigerSenior Associate
Andreas Rüdiger advises nationally and international companies on all aspects of data protection law, in particular in connection with complex IT implementation projects (IT system integration and outsourcing) as well as on the legal requirements of digital transformation.
Andreas took part in several major GDPR compliance projects over the last years and was thus able to develop a broad expertise for matters of data protection and the implementation of GDPR compliant processes.
Andreas has drafted many legal memorandums on specific data protection topics for clients, such as employee data protection, internal investigations, data transfer within a group of companies or the cooperation with authorities.
- Advising a leading global car manufacturer in the context of a comprehensive data protection project to establish and maintain GDPR compliance (in particular, review of the lawfulness of individual processing procedures, renegotiation of data processing agreements, revision of data protection notices and consent declarations).
- Advising a Chinese car manufacturer in connection with the establishment of a German subsidiary from a privacy law perspective (including German employee data protection requirements and preparation of a GDPR implementation plan).
- Advising numerous companies and medical institutions in the life science sector with a focus on data processing in the context of clinical trials.
- Providing legal support for a complex IT outsourcing contract for a leading German insurance company and for a globally operating specialty.
- Advising a globally operating bank on compliance with data protections laws in the context of contract analysis and adjustment as well as ongoing advice on data protection during the establishment of a German branch.
Advising companies in the corporate sector on data protection due diligence in connection with mergers & acquisitions.
- Contract analysis and adaptation with regard to data protection law compliance as well as ongoing data protection law advice during the establishment of a German branch of a globally operating bank.
- Review and negotiation of numerous contracts relating to clinical trials for a German university hospital including project management of global data protection projects involving up to 60 different jurisdictions.
- Providing legal support for a complex IT outsourcing contract for a leading German insurance company as well as for a globally operating specialty chemicals group.
- Drafting and coordination of data protection contracts such as "Intra-Group Data Transfer Agreements", "Joint-Controller Agreements" and order processing agreements, among others for an automotive supplier.
- Higher Regional Court of Koblenz, Second State Examination, 2017
- University of Trier, First State Examination, 2015
- Multi-month secondment to the global privacy function of one of the world’s largest chemical producers