Raf Schoefs practices in all areas of information technology and intellectual property law, with a particular focus on technology and outsourcing transactions, and has over eight years of experience.
Raf assists clients in the drafting and negotiating of complex IT and outsourcing agreements. He also advises clients on e-commerce related topics, such as cloud computing, electronic signatures, intermediary liability, data protection, cookies and consumer protection.
Raf also has extensive experience in a wide range of intellectual property related matters, and advises clients in relation to all IP rights (including but not limited to patents, trademarks and copyright).
Raf assists IT providers, buyers of IT services and public sector organisations in all types of technology transactions. Moreover he advises public and private sector clients on all kinds of other IT and IP related matters.
- Assisting a Belgian governmental company on the outsourcing of its entire IT infrastructure and all of its IT applications to multiple global service providers in a multi-sourcing model
- Assisting a Belgian governmental company on the outsourcing of all of its IT functions to one global outsourcing partner
- Assisting a major insurance company in the negotiation of multiple IT agreements regarding the provision of business-critical applications and infrastructure in a cloud-based model
- Assisting a large Belgian MVNO in the preparation and negotiation of an MVNO-agreement with a mobile network operator
- Assisting a leading IT service provider with the negotiation of a cloud services agreement with a Belgian bank
- Assisting a leading energy provider with the preparation and negotiation of a data center agreement
- Assisting a railway operator joint venture in the preparation and negotiation of an IT services agreement regarding the provision of an innovative ticketing system
- Advising a European manufacturer of electronic signature equipment on the compliance of its products with the European data protection legislation
- Advising a telecom provider on the impact of the upcoming ePrivacy legislation on its activities
- Preparing GDPR-compliant privacy policies and cookie statements for a new online platform
- University of Brussels (HUB), LL.M in Intellectual Property and Information Technology law, magna cum laude, 2013
- Vlerick Business School, Master in General Management, cum laude, 2010
- University of Leuven (KUL), Master of Laws, cum laude, 2009
- 2014 - onwards, Lead Lawyer, DLA Piper UK LLP
- 2013 - 2014, Trademark and Design attorney, renowned IP firm
- 2010 - 2013, Associate, Brussels based international law firm
My latest insights
Impact of the new Belgian Civil Code on technology agreements
13 December 2022 .11 minute read
A new 'Agoria Digital' index for price revisions in the digital sector
13 December 2022 .4 minute read