Michael’s practice consists of representing public and private companies in domestic and international M&A transactions, including mergers, stock transactions and asset purchases and divestitures. Michael’s practice also involves the representation of issuers and underwriters in domestic and cross-border capital markets transactions, including initial public offerings and private placements of equity and debt securities. He has advised companies across a wide range of industries, including technology, life sciences, sports and real estate.
- First Washington Realty, Inc., a national real estate investment and management firm, in its acquisition of Donahue Schriber Realty Group, Inc., a private REIT with a portfolio of over 50 shopping centers located throughout California, Oregon and Washington.
- Arbe Robotics Ltd. (NASDAQ: ARBE), a global leader in high-resolution 4D imaging radar technology, in its US$722 million business combination with Industrial Tech Acquisitions, Inc. (NASDAQ: ITAC), a special purpose acquisition company.
- Haymaker Acquisition Corp. III (NASDAQ: HYAC), a special purpose acquisition company, in its US$737 million business combination with BioTE Holdings, LLC, a high-growth, differentiated medical practice-building business within the hormone optimization space.
- Bowlero Corporation, the largest bowling alley operator in North America, in its private equity backed acquisition of publicly listed Bowl America, Inc. and 17 Bowl America entertainment center locations in Virginia, Maryland, and Florida.
- Northland Investment Corporation and Larry Gottesdiener in the acquisition of the Atlanta Dream, a WNBA franchise.
- J.P. Morgan Securities LLC and William Blair & Company, L.L.C. in a follow-on underwritten public offering of approximately US$109 million of common stock of Grid Dynamics Holdings, Inc., a leader in enterprise-level digital transformations in Fortune 1000 companies.
- Piper Sandler & Co. and Oppenheimer & Co. as lead book-running managers in the US$45 million initial public offering of MDxHealth SA (NASDAQ and Euronext Brussels: MDXH) in the United States.
- W. P. Carey (NYSE: WPC) in its entrance into an equity sales agreement pursuant to which shares of W. P. Carey’s common stock having an aggregate offering price of up to US$1 billion may be offered and sold.
- BTIG, LLC in connection with an at-the-market offering of up to US$50 million by Oncocyte Corporation (NASDAQ: OCX).
- Mednax, Inc. (NYSE: MD) in the issuance of US$400 million aggregate principal amount of unsecured 5.375% Senior Notes in a private offering.
- J.D., Fordham University School of Law
Associate Editor, Fordham Intellectual Property, Media & Entertainment Law Journal
- B.A., Boston College
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Philip Morris International Inc. in US$6 billion bond issuance
21 November 2022 .1 minute read