Michaela Stessl has over 20 years' experience of helping Slovak and international clients of all commercial backgrounds with transactions and legal issues in Slovakia. She has an outstanding reputation in corporate and cross-border M&A and in-depth experience in finance, banking and real estate.
In recent years, Michaela has taken on a more global strategic advisory role, due to her broad knowledge of the particularities of the CEE region. She has increasingly been involved as Project Lead Partner in noteworthy cross-border projects in the region.
Michaela has handled a large number of high profile transactions in Slovakia. She supports clients in significant cross-border M&A transactions and other commercial local and international investments.
She has acted in the past as an arbitrator at the ICC Court of Arbitration in Paris and at VIAC in Vienna.
With her strong presence in the local market, Michaela plays a pivotal role in CEE cross-border matters.
- University of Vienna, Faculty of Law, Masters of Law, 1994
- University of Vienna, Faculty of Law, Doctor iuris, 1999
- Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovak Republic, Master of Laws (2000)
- Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovak Republic, Doctor juris (2002)
Awards and Recognitions
- Leading individual, Banking, Finance and Capital Markets, Slovakia, The Legal 500 EMEA 2022
- Next Generation Partner, Commercial, Corporate and M&A, Slovakia, The Legal 500 EMEA 2022
- Ranked lawyer, Corporate/M&A, Slovakia, Chambers Europe 2022
Memberships And Affiliations