Ryan Sullivan is an experienced litigator who has second-chaired trials in state and federal court.
His experience includes:
- obtaining a directed verdict for a client at trial in a tortious interference action;
- in a breach-of-contract action, successfully arguing for “death-penalty” sanctions, resulting in default judgment in favor of his client; and
- in a shareholder derivative suit, obtaining dismissal of all claims against his client and an award of attorneys' fees and sanctions.
Ryan is a 2014 graduate of the George Washington University School of Law. He joined DLA Piper in 2021 from the San Antonio office of a national firm. Prior to practicing law, Ryan earned a Master's degree in urban planning and served as a Presidential Management Fellow with the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development.
Areas of FocusLitigation, Arbitration and Investigations
Bar admissionsDistrict of ColumbiaMarylandTexas
CourtsUnited States District Court for the District of MarylandUnited States District Court for the Southern District of TexasUnited States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- J.D., George Washington University Law School
- M.S., Community and Regional Planning, University of Texas
- B.A., Occidental College
- Selected to Rising Stars, 2018 - 2022
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member, Board of Directors, the Children's Bereavement Center of South Texas