Ying Chern TanSenior Associate
Ying Chern is a Senior Associate in the Corporate team in DLA Piper's Singapore office.
She is a corporate lawyer with more than 8 years of experience having been called to the bar in 2014. Her practice includes advising clients on corporate finance and M&A transactions, and on general corporate and employment advisory matters.
Areas of FocusCorporateMergers and AcquisitionsReal EstateEmployment
Professional QualificationsAdvocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore
- Represented Hinduja Global Solutions, an Indian listed conglomerate, on (i) the disposal of its U.S. healthcare business process optimization division in a carve-out transaction to Barings Private Equity Asia for USD1.2bn, (ii) the acquisition of Diversify Offshore Staffing Solutions, an Australian business process optimization business with operations in the Philippines for USD40m, and (iii) the proposed and ongoing acquisition of Teklink, Inc., a U.S. data analytics company for USD58.5m.
- Represented Pine Labs, a leading Indian merchant platform company providing financing and retail transaction technology, on its USD45m acquisition of Fave, a SE Asia smart payment app and a loyalty and cashback platform with operations in Malaysia and Singapore.
- Represented Mirabaud, an European based asset manager, on its (i) series C preferred share investment into a Singapore based technology company providing e-commerce, digital marketing, analytics and technology integration services and (ii) series D preferred share investment into a Singapore based consumer brands company.
- Chinese (Mandarin)
- University of Bristol, LLM (Merit), 2012
- University of Manchester, LL.B (Hons), 2011
Publications and media
- Lexology – Getting the Deal Through – Corporate Organisations (Singapore), 2021 and 2022
Memberships and Affiliations
- Member, The Singapore Academy of Law
- Member, The Law Society of Singapore
+65 6512 9557
+65 8939 5984
+65 6512 9500