Mauricio Valdespino focuses on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, and corporate and commercial law. He represents buyers, sellers, boards of directors and financial advisors with complex transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, spin-offs, joint ventures, strategic alliances, minority investments and asset sales.
Mauricio has actively represented various foreign companies and investors in the sale or acquisition of their interests and business assets in Mexico, and he regularly handles corporate governance, financings and other related work.
Additionally, he offers advice in all aspects of corporate and business law relating to the incorporation, operation and maintenance of Mexican companies for domestic and foreign clients operating in various sectors and industries within Mexico, including by advising, tailoring and negotiating a wide array of civil and commercial contracts.
Mauricio has led or co-led the following significant matters:
- A global financial services company, as Mexican counsel, in its purchase of 100 percent of the shares of a real estate business in Mexico.
- A manufacturer and distributor of chocolate products, and its shareholders, in its sale to a multinational manufacturer of confectionery, pet food and other food products.
- The world's second largest processor and marketer of chicken, beef and pork, as Mexican counsel, in its US$400 million sale to the subsidiary of a food processing company.
Mauricio also has experience teaching as a professor of "Transactional Approach to Mergers & Acquisitions," at the Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México.
- LLM, University of Virginia School of Law in Mergers and Acquisitions
- Diploma, Escuela Libre de Derecho
- Attorney at Law (Abogado), Instituto Tecnológico de México