Steven R. YentzerRetired Partner
He regularly advises investment and private equity funds in all facets of their operations, including fund formation, tax structuring, internal operations and investment related matters. He is well known and respected and is sought out as a leading professional in the venture capital and private equity community. Some representative clients include Madrona Venture Group, Ignition Partners, KCK Ltd, Trilogy Equity Partners, Qiming Venture Partners, Morningside China TMT and Elevar Equity.
In addition to these areas, he represents a number of clients involved in sophisticated tax sensitive businesses including real estate funds and development ventures; alternative energy, real estate investment trusts, Up-C structures, sports franchises and asset management companies. His representation of these clients covers a broad area of corporate, tax and finance related matters. Clients in this area include Talon Investment Partners, The Seattle Hotel Group, Shurgard Storage Centers (acquired by Public Storage), Provenance Hotel Management and the Seattle Mariners.
- J.D., Marquette University School of Law 1986
magna cum laude
- B.A., Gonzaga University 1983
magna cum laude
- Chambers USA
- Band 2, Washington Corporate/M&A (2021-2022)
- Band 2, Washington Corporate/Commercial (2012-2020)
- The Legal 500 United States
- Recommended, Energy: Renewable Alternative (2012)
- In an annual peer survey by Washington Law & Politics, Steven is consistently selected as a "Super Lawyer"