The Digital Services Act – a new set of regulations for online platforms
What is the Digital Services Act?
On 16 November 2022, the Digital Services Act (hereinafter referred to as: DSA) has come into force. It targets online intermediary services and, in particular, online platforms. After the expiry of the transitional period on 17 February 2024, the DSA will be directly applicable throughout the EU.
What you need to know:
- Who is covered by the DSA?
- When are providers of online intermediary services liable for user content?
- What does this mean for me as a provider (of an online platform)?
- Transparency and reporting obligations
- Information obligations and requirements for the design of services
- What are the sanctions in case the DSA is not complied with?
- What are the DSA’s next steps?