DLA Piper South African lawyers recognised by IFLR1000 2021
DLA Piper has been recognised by the IFLR1000 in the publication’s 2021 rankings of the world’s leading financial and corporate law firms and lawyers.
The IFLR1000 has been producing legal market intelligence since 1990 and remains the only international legal directory dedicated to ranking law firms and lawyers on the basis of financial and corporate transactional work.
The firm's Johannesburg based lawyers were recognised in M&A, private equity, project finance, banking and asset finance practice areas, as well as in the energy and mining sectors. Individuals that have been ranked this year include:
- Johannes Gouws (Director - Corporate)
- Peter Bradshaw (Director and Location Head - Corporate),
- André Visser (Director, Corporate),
- Jackie Pennington (Director and Location Head - Finance, Projects & Restructuring),
- Diana Messerschmidt (Director - Finance, Projects & Restructuring), and
- Jamie MacDonald (Director - Finance, Projects & Restructuring).
Country Managing Partner, Johannes Gouws says: “Africa remains critical to our vision to be the leading global business law firm and so it is great to see our teams being recognised for the incredible work they do for our clients. Our continued success in South Africa and the recognition that we are receiving is down to not only the individuals named, but also the team of incredibly talented people that support them. This combination allows us to deliver on our absolute commitment to client service and to ensure that we continue to provide the quality and value of advice that is expected from us.”