John Gallagher focuses on project structuring solutions for infrastructure and engineering projects and programs and is widely acknowledged across Australasia as a leader in alliance contracting and collaborative project delivery strategies and documentation.
Both clients and peers highlight his skills in collaborative and relationship contracting.
- Advising Sydney Water on the: structuring, procurement and negotiation of collaborative delivery (services and framework) agreements to implement a program management office, project management function and panels of delivery contractors to deliver is circa $1.7 billion capital investment program for 2013 - 2018; maintenance services agreement for the operational maintenance (mechanical and electrical) and facilities maintenance needs across Sydney Water's network assets program for 2013 - 2018 and alliance contracting structure for the delivery of the Malabar Process and Reliability/Renewal Program at Malabar WWTP
- Advising Sydney Water and Sydney Desalination Plant Pty Ltd on all aspects of the structuring, procurement, tendering negotiation and delivery of the Sydney Desalination Plant, including advising on all operations and maintenance issues during the $2.3 Billion Re-Financing Transaction and advising Sydney Desalination Plant Pty Ltd on the operations and maintenance contracts for the plant and pipeline
- Advising Melbourne Water develop and execute framework agreements (3 civil delivery agreements and 2 operational maintenance agreements) to implement a panel of service providers to deliver the circa $1.7 Billion capital investment program and all maintenance and low risk capital works across Melbourne Water's network on a term contract basis for Water Plan 3 (2013 - 2017)
- Advising the Victorian Department of Transport (Regional Rail Link Authority) on strategic advice on procurement options, delivery models and project packaging solutions for the $4.2 Billion Regional Rail Link Project and all aspects of the structuring, procurement, tendering negotiation and delivery the two large (circa $1 billion) track and civil alliances through brownfield rail environments and provided the overall structure and commercial framework for the smaller (circa $150 million signalling and communications package)
- Advising VicRoads (Roads Corporation) and Victorian Department of Transport to structure, develop, negotiate and implement two parallel road/rail grade separation project alliances (Springvale Rail Crossing Removal Project and Mitcham Rookes Road Rail Separation Project) as part of the Victorian Government's Rail/Grade Separation Project adopting the legal and commercial frameworks and the lessons learned from the Regional Rail Link Project incorporating and adopting the requirements of the National Alliance Contracting Policy and Guidance Materials. We have also advised the VicRoads on all 4 earlier road/rail grade separation project alliances and 8 road project alliances (including the $1.3 Billion M1 Upgrade Program incorporating the West Gate Bridge Strengthening Project) and Road Maintenance Program Alliance
Memberships And Affiliations
- AMPLA: The Resources and Energy Law Association
- Alliancing Association of Australasia
- Australian Society of Construction Law
- Law Institute of Victoria
My latest insights
Gitanjali Bajaj and John Gallagher recognised as “Lawyers of the Year” by The Best Lawyers...
22 April 2021 .5 minute read