Nick focusses on leveraged, asset and vendor financing, preference share and debt funding, refinancing and advising on the structuring of empowerment transactions and general restructurings.
His experience includes drafting and negotiating funding, security and other related documentation and giving structural and legal advice in relation to finance transactions.
- In charge of the drafting and negotiation of all legal contracts (particularly the contractual arrangements under which financing facilities are made available) with VoIP Capital International's new and existing customers
- Drafted documentation in connection with the establishment of, and investment by other parties in, MTN Zakhele in 2010. Involved in the drafting and advising on the restructure of the Pepkor Group in 2011
- Advised a group of funders, and drafting of financing documentation in relation to the restructure of the AfriSam group of companies in January 2012
- Represented a consortium of funders on various matters involving the advance of both USD and ZAR bridge term financing to Aspen Pharmacare Holdings Limited and various subsidiaries of Aspen Pharmacare Holdings Limited
- Advised a consortium of private funders in the recapitalisation of The New Reclamation Group during 2013
- Advised Sun International Limited in relation to its group debt restructure during 2016
- Advised a consortium of banks in relation to the restructure and refinancing of the Discovery Health group debt structure during 2016
Nick advised on the above matters during his previous employ.
- LLB, University of Witwatersrand, 2009
- BCom, University of Witwatersrand, 2007