Pride specialises in debt and preference share finance transactions across a variety of sectors in South Africa and further abroad across Africa.
Pride began his career as a candidate attorney at Glyn Marais Inc in 2011 and joined Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr as an associate in January 2013. Pride was promoted to senior associate in 2015. Pride joined DLA Piper in 2016.
- Advising Brait Mauritius Limited in relation to a R8.5 billion term loan facility made available to Brait Mauritius by The Standard Bank of South Africa Limited and FirstRand Bank Limited, acting through its Rand Merchant Bank division
- Advising FirstRand Bank Limited, acting through its Rand Merchant Bank division, in relation to preference share funding facilities in an aggregate amount equal to R853 million made available to three entities in South Africa
- Advising a Namibian member of a major South African bank in relation to a NAD60 million revolving credit facility being made available to a Namibian financial institution
- Advising Standard Bank Botswana in relation to a US$20 million credit facility made available to Letshego Financial Services Proprietary Limited
- Advising Central Glass Industries Limited (Kenya), as borrower, KES2.3 billion (approx. US$22 million), working capital facility provided by Stanbic Bank (Kenya)
- Advising Sanlam Capital Markets, as lender, on a R141 million (approx. US$10 million) term loan facility to restructure debt and the continued infrastructure development of the a major retail space
- Acts for lenders (senior, junior and mezzanine), preference share funders and borrowers, and advises them on all funding aspects including funding structures, risks and security arrangements*
- Acts for entities in the financial services sector in respect of compliance with financial services laws*
- Advised one of South Africa's major investment banks in relation to preference share funding for various Black Economic Empowerment investors in the renewable energy sector*
- Advised a Botswana bank in relation to revolving credit facilities made available to one of Botswana's biggest financial services providers*
*Pride advised on the above matters during his previous employ.
- MCom Rhodes University, 2010
- LLB, Rhodes University, 2008
- BA, Rhodes University, 2006
My latest insights
The adapting role of DFIs in Africa – We can meet Africa's developmental goals
15 December 2022 .2 minute read
DLA Piper advises on the refinancing of Africa’s sole concentrated photovoltaic solar...
1 August 2022 .3 minute read