The DLA Piper's 2nd Annual Insurance Symposium took place on Wednesday 24 February 2015 in Sydney.
The program covered the following:
Welcome and opening remarks
Samantha O’Brien, Partner, Corporate, DLA Piper
SESSION 1: Now and when: Digital disruption, social media and the insurance industry
Dr Amy Gibbs, Digital Communications and Content Strategy Manager, ANZIIF
SESSION 2: Insurance M&A by Asia Insurers and Investors
- The current state of social and digital media in the industry
- What’s changing that we need to pay attention to (demographics, conversations, distributions, customers)
- What’s coming – examples of digital disruption already happening
- What should insurers be doing
Paul Chen, Partner, Head of Corporate, Asia, DLA Piper
SESSION 3: Reflections on 2015: key regulatory, industry and claims developments in Australasia
- Is this a short term opportunistic play or a longer term development?
- How is this impacting the regional and global insurance sector?
- Challenges in negotiating with Asia buyers
- The impact of ASEAN economic community on the insurance industry
- The changing regulatory landscape
- Australasia – 2015 in review – Top business risks and experiences
John Goulios, Head of Litigation and Regulatory, Singapore and Co-Head Insurance Sector – Asia Pacific, DLA Piper
James Berg, Partner, Litigation and Regulatory, DLA Piper
SESSION 4: Has product disclosure been effective?
Michael Gill, Consultant, DLA Piper
Ravi Dutta, Advisor, The Behavioural Insights Team (BIT)
Ben Honan, Senior Public Policy Advisor, Suncorp Group
SESSION 5: The Role of EQ and IQ in Disaster Recovery. Lessons from Christchurch NZ.
Jacki Johnson, Group Executive, People, Performance and Reputation, IAG
- Understanding the event and impact
- Understand the system you are working in
- The role of leadership