Our specialist team based in Prague offers exceptional restructuring and insolvency legal advice when and where our clients need it most. Combining our knowledge of Czech bankruptcy and insolvency law with our transactional and litigation experience, we are ready to advise clients on any restructuring and insolvency issues in the Czech Republic. We proactively engage with our clients and listen to them so as to understand their specific circumstances. In this way we can craft comprehensive strategic business solutions to help them with any difficult issues they may be facing.
Our work ranges from reorganisation and reconstruction, distressed corporate finance, debt restructuring, and refinancing to formal insolvency procedures such as administration, receivership, voluntary arrangements, liquidation, and bankruptcy. We have considerable experience advising financial institutions, businesses and other key stakeholders on rescue and recovery procedures.
Our restructuring team in the Czech Republic is part of our global restructuring practice, which is one of the world's leaders. With dedicated restructuring lawyers across the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe and the Middle East, we have the knowledge, experience and resources to address our clients' restructuring and insolvency needs on a national and international basis. Around the world, our specialist restructuring lawyers 'on the ground' have extensive knowledge of local markets and the associated challenges our clients face.
We serve a diverse client base encompassing financial institutions, financial advisors/accountants, corporates, trustees/custodians, private equity funds, shareholders, distressed debt funds/investors, bondholders/loan note holders and creditors' committees. We counsel clients on all aspects of restructuring and insolvency/bankruptcy, whether in anticipation of them or in dealing with their consequences.
We advise clients on:
- Debt and asset tracing and recovery
- Disposals, including pre-packaged solutions, distressed M&A and real estate workout
- Distressed debt trading
- Financial restructuring
- Formal insolvency/bankruptcy procedures and creditor committee representation
- Insolvency/bankruptcy-related investigation, litigation and enforcement
- International restructuring strategy and procedures
- Operational restructuring
We advise on all aspects of restructuring and insolvency, whether in anticipation of them or in dealing with their consequences and across a wide range of industry sectors, including retail, healthcare, financial services, food and office products.
Some significant restructuring matters we have recently worked on include:
- Austrian bank – Advising a major Austrian bank on restructuring and insolvency issues with respect to a portfolio of Czech borrowers
- Contentious distressed real estate project – Representing our client as a creditor in insolvency proceedings against an entity in bankruptcy including, inter alia, a dispute regarding extradition of real estate from the bankruptcy estate
- Czech Ministry of Transport – Leading a team of advisors preparing a study relating to the restructuring of Czech Railways
- Hybernská centre – Advising on refinancing the acquisition costs of an office building 'Hybernská Centre' in Prague
- Israeli banks – Advising two Israeli banks on financing and refinancing the reconstruction and refurbishment of a hotel in Prague
- Leading manufacturer – Advising one of the world’s leading manufacturers and suppliers of laboratory equipment, chemicals and diagnostic products on the restructuring of its Czech affiliates
- Moody's – Advising Moody's Central Europe Limited on the restructuring of its Czech affiliates
- Pharmaceutical company – Advising a pharmaceutical corporation on the formation of a Czech subsidiary and Czech aspects of group restructuring
- Project Strahov Garden Hotel – Advising a major Austrian bank on the refinancing of existing financial obligations and the completion of the Project Strahov Garden Hotel in Prague
- Real Estate Group – Advising a major foreign real estate group on the refinancing of various outstanding loans as well as the financing of capital expenditures with respect to a portfolio of 4- and 5-star city centre hotels and extended stay residences in CEE
- Skoda JS – Advising one of the biggest engineering firms in the country on the restructuring of its holding