Managing human resources with flexibility and pragmatism while maintaining a competitive advantage requires constant adaptability, particularly in light of increasingly complex legislation as well as ethical considerations.
Social and employment issues have gained increasing importance in the day-to-day operations and management of companies both in France and internationally. For economic players, having expert support has become a necessity and a crucial part of project and risk management.
How DLA Piper can help
Managing your economic and strategic reorganization and restructuring projects
- Corporate Reorganization
- Share purchase audit/acquisition
- Drafting and negotiation of social aspects of share purchase acts/acquisition
- Assistance in transition phases, post-closing integration and harmonization
- Restructuring and collective dismissal
- Negotiating with employee representatives
- Defense of corporate interests before local administrative authorities
- Managing communication issues and crisis situations
- Preparation and negotiation of collective agreements
- Development and implementation of plans
- Employment Backup
- Social aspects of collective proceedings
- International Mobility of workers/Outsourcing
Monitoring the daily activities of your business and recurring contentious issues
- Optimization of working time
- Corporate presence in France
- Structuring of compensation plans and employee savings
- Strategy of accompanied departures – Packages structuring
- Advice and assistance on sensitive issues (harassment, obligation of results security, psychosocial risks at work, compensation of inventions, protection of personal data and business alerts, etc.)
Managing your network relationships
- Election of employee representatives
- Collective negotiation and support in managing relationships with the IRP and administrative authorities
- Management of collective disputes (strikes, lockouts, sequestrations, etc.)
Defending your interests with the judiciary and in dealings with administrators
- Defense of companies and their leaders in all civil, administrative and criminal jurisdictions
- Defense of companies in case of control/URSSAF recovery and labour Inspection visits
Our clients benefit from our online resources with fast access to in-country, cross-border employment and labour law information assets that support fast and effective collaboration between DLA Piper experts and your people.
In France, our team is comprised of 19 lawyers including 4 partners, and is a part of an international team of over 400 employment lawyers spread across more than 30 countries.
Thanks to our international platform, we are able to combine our multidisciplinary and multi-jurisdictional expertise to meet our clients’ needs.
“DLA Piper’s large 20-lawyer team primarily handles stand alone work, as well as providing some corporate support. The practice advises longstanding international clients including key names in the aviation sector and was recently retained by a high-profile French company. It recently handled high-stakes matters including a highly sensitive mass litigation relating to a health issue and advice on intra-mergers. Other work includes securing a victory for a client in a dispute with several hundreds of former employees and advising on several restructuring and mass redundancy matters. EasyJet, Microchip and MoneyGram are clients. Philippe Danesi is the practice head. Bijan Eghbal, Marine Gicquel and Jerôme Halphen are the other names to note at partner level.”
The Legal 500 EMEA, 2019