Managing human resources with flexibility and pragmatism while maintaining a competitive advantage requires constant adaptability, particularly regarding increasingly complex legislation and ethical considerations.
Employment issues have gained increasing importance in the day-to-day operations and management of companies both in France and internationally. Having expert support has become a necessity and is a crucial part of project and risk management for companies.
How DLA Piper can help
Managing your economic and strategic projects of reorganization and restructuring
- Corporate reorganization
- Share purchase audit/acquisition
- Drafting and negotiation of social aspects of share purchase acts/acquisition
- Assistance in transition phases, post-closing integration and harmonization
- Restructuring and collective dismissal
- Negotiating with employee representatives
- Defense of corporate interests before local administrative authorities
- Managing communication issues and crisis situations
- Preparation and negotiation of collective agreements
- Development and implementation of plans
- Employment backup
- Social aspects of collective proceedings
- International mobility of workers/outsourcing
- Monitoring the daily activities of your business and recurring contentious issues
- Optimization of working time
- Corporate presence in France
- Structuring of compensation plans and employee savings
- Strategy of accompanied departures - packages structuring
- Advice and assistance on sensitive issues (harassment, obligation of results, security, psychosocial risks at work, compensation of inventions, protection of personal data and business alerts, etc.)
- Managing your network relationships
- Election of employee representatives
- Collective negotiation and support in managing relationships with the IRP and administrative authorities
- Management of collective disputes (strikes, lockouts, sequestrations, etc.)
- Defending your interests with the judiciary and in dealings with administrators
- Defense of companies and their leaders in all civil, administrative and criminal jurisdictions
- Defense of companies in case of control/URSSAF recovery and labor Inspection visits
Our clients also benefit from our online resources with fast access to in-country, cross-border employment and labor law information assets that support fast and effective collaboration between DLA Piper experts and your team.
In France, our Employment team is comprised of 22 lawyers including four partners, and is a part of an international team of over 400 lawyers spread across more than 30 countries.
Thanks to our international platform we are able to combine our multidisciplinary and multi-jurisdictional knowledge to meet our clients’ needs..
DLA Piper provides ‘excellent service’ and is entrusted by many large Anglophone and UK corporations. The 21-lawyer team deals with sensitive matters including restructurings, plant closures, mass redundancy issues as well as related litigation and also advises in the context of M&A transactions.
LEGAL 500 EMEA 2018