Your key issues
Whether you are at the head of a company in financial difficulty, one of its shareholders, partners, creditors, banks or an investor specialised in turnaround operations to negotiate terms of recovery or capital entry, one of your key issues is understanding and setting up the strategies, tools and procedures most appropriate to the complexity of the situation.
How DLA Piper can help
Our Restructuring team has the necessary experience and versatility to come up with technical and strategic responses to complex situations related to companies’ underperformance. The team supports companies of all sizes, both creditors and debtors, investment funds and strategic partners, with help from other practice groups that have crucial expertise in this area, such as Finance & Projects, Employment and Real Estate.
- Analyzing the companies’ difficulties and determining a new strategy and legal tools. choosing and implementing preventative procedures or treatment of difficulties (ad hoc mandate, conciliation, backup, recovery and judicial liquidation)
- Structural and capital reorganization
- Debt restructuring and setting up of alternative means of financing cash flow and investment needs (ORA, ORAN, OCA, bonds with warrants or any other safe tool for the company and its partners)
- Protection and representation of management
- Development of takeover bids and transactions for the sale of distressed company assets
- Litigation management and litigation related to a crisis situation
Our Restructuring team in France is led by Caroline Texier, Partner. It is part of a global team comprising more than 200 lawyers.
Caroline Texier is a high-level astute and tenacious lawyer. She is a dealmaker and has extensive experience.
Legal 500, 2021