Our matters include the following:
- We represent the audit committee of a multinational technology company in an internal investigation focused on whether certain payments made by the company’s India operations were made improperly and in possible violation of the FCPA and other applicable laws. As part of the engagement, we coordinate with local counsel and the company’s local and global financial auditors. We advised the client on remediation to its global compliance and ethics program. The scope of the remediation not only included the anticorruption compliance program, but also advice on strengthening the core ethics component of its global corporate compliance program.
- Recently, we conducted several high-profile NGO anticorruption investigations in Africa, Southeast Asia, Israel and the Palestinian Territories. This included an evaluation of the various compliance programs, a detailed anticorruption risk assessment, implementation of controls and a robust monitoring and auditing program.
- We represent a global HR and payroll outsourcing and technology company and provide advice to its global compliance team on all facets of its global compliance program. The advice included risk assessment, governance, structure, staffing, monitoring and board reporting. In addition, we have worked with this client on strengthening risk-specific compliance programs addressing areas such as anti-money laundering and trade sanctions.
- We advised a global provider of data storage and cloud computing services on the implementation of its compliance and ethics program. Our advice has included program design, policy drafting and implementation, implementation of its ethics hotline, relaunching its code of conduct and advising on and investigating issues reported through the hotline or to the chief compliance officer. A number of projects for this client were completed on a flat-fee basis.
- We advised an international data processing company on lobbying regulation matters, conducted training for company attorneys on political law compliance and developed political activity and PAC strategies. In addition, we advised on state lobbying and pay-to-play compliance matters, including government contracting procedures and policies.
- We advised a multinational IT company in compliance-related issues, including gifts and entertainment.