Our annual Global M&A Intelligence Report is based on an analysis of key deal terms in over 2,500 private M&A transactions on which we advised since 2015.
For the tenth successive year we were once again number one for global M&A deal volume. We also advised on the most European Private Equity buyout and exit deals in 2019 for the third consecutive year (Mergermarket).
Our report includes analysis and commentary on the following key topics and questions:
- Are auctions still driving better terms for sellers?
- What are the most common conditions seen on deals?
- How are dealmakers managing and allocating risks in the gap between signing and closing?
- How common is M&A insurance, where is it being used and what types of cover are available?
- And critically: how do the trends differ between regions and countries?
- The impact on the global M&A market as the COVID-19 pandemic continues to unfold
- What pricing mechanisms are used and the impact of geography
- Typical earn-out terms
- MAC provisions and the general apportionment of risk in a conditional deal
- Global variation in the use of restrictive covenants
- Common types of dispute resolution in relation to M&A transactions
- And "What is market?" for seller protections - caps, baskets and claim periods.
Read the overview version of the Global M&A Intelligence Report 2020 here.
Please note, requests will be reviewed and approved at the discretion of DLA Piper. We cannot guarantee you will receive the report after submitting a request. Alternatively, please get in touch with your usual DLA Piper contact to request a copy.
Please allow up to 7 working days for your soft-copy request to be processed.