DLA Piper New Zealand has been at the forefront of growth in key, franchised businesses in New Zealand.
We work with both franchisee and franchisors and act for clients across a range of industry sectors.
For all proposed franchise structures, we offer the full range of legal advice – from document drafting to dispute resolution.
Internationally, we can assist franchising clients in over 30 countries. DLA Piper is renowned for its expertise in franchising and has been named as the number one in the world in franchise law by the International Who's Who Legal 70.
- Business structuring and franchise type
- Design and implementation of the appropriate franchise system; agreements and documentation
- Protection of assets in the franchise structure
- Property leasing arrangements, insurance issues
- Methodologies for system expansion
- Dispute resolution, litigation
- Orderly franchise terminations
- Master franchise purchases
- Franchise expansion arrangements
DLA Piper New Zealand has advised the client on an extensive range of issues and aspects of its business throughout our relationship of over two decades. Foodstuffs, New Zealand’s largest supermarketing organisation has a structure which includes a type of franchise, where owner operators work through a cooperative organisation.
Motor Trade Finance Group
DLA Piper New Zealand provided advice to this group on its dealer agreements and franchising.