An initial coin offering (ICO) or initial currency offering is a type of crowdfunding using cryptocurrencies. It is a mean of raising capital and many startups are turning to ICO to fund their companies. ICOs provide a means by which startups avoid costs of regulatory compliance and intermediaries. On the other hand, ICOs increase risks to investors. ICO have received more attention in the last few years but still is a rather new and unexplored area in Norway.
DLA Piper Norway and Oslo Fintech Hub are honoured to invite Bryony Robottom - Partner at DLA Piper, London office to share the trends in the UK ICO market.
- 8.30 - 9.00 Registration
- 9.00 - 9.05 Welcome from Oslo Fintech Hub
- 9.05 - 9.10 Welcome from DLA Piper - Camilla Julie Wollan, Associate partner
- 9.10 - 9.30 Exploring ICOs: definitions, structures and UK trends - Bryony Robottom, partner DLA Piper
- 9.30 - 9.45 Token economics - creating decentralised business models - Øyvind Pedersen Jr.
- 9.45 - 9.50 Case presentation - Exa Eco by Kirill Vankov
- 9.50 - 10.00 Q&A with Exa Eco
- 10.00 - 10.05 Case presentation - Bitgate by Manuel Lains
- 10.05 - 10.15 Q&A with Bitgate
- 10.15 - 10.20 Wrap up, Q&A