Tomás Abecasis LL.M.Senior Associate
Tomás Abecasis practices in the area of corporate and securities law, as well as tax law, with particular focus on mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance in both national and international transactions. His clients include companies in a range of sectors including retail, real estate and luxury fashion sector.
- Assisting the shareholders of a luxury fashion retailer in the process of sale of the shares of the company.
- Assisting the shareholders of an agricultural company in the process of sale of the shares of the company.
- Assistance in the process of acquisition of one of the biggest insurance companies operating in Portugal.
- Assistance in the disinvestment process of start-ups.
- Assisting a Portuguese listed company in the process of acquistion of a portfolio of solar farms.
- Catholic University of Portugal, LLB, Law
- Católica Global School of Law, LL.M., Law in a European and Global Context
- King’s College, London, LL.M., Tax Law
- 2021 - present, Senior Associate, DLA Piper ABBC
- 2019 - 2021, Senior Associate (Coordinator), Lisbon based law firm
- 2016 - 2018, Senior Associate, Brazil based law firm
- 2015 – 2016, Senior Tax Consultant, Lisbon based consulting firm
- 2011 – 2015, Trainee Lawyer and Associate at ABBC
Memberships And Affiliations
Tomás was a member of the Institute of Young Lawyers (Portuguese Bar Association) between 2018 and 2020.