Vanessa Abreu advises national and international companies on regulatory, contentious and corporate matters in Brazil.
DLA Piper and Campos Mello Advogados (CMA) are separate and independent law firms, which work in cooperation with one another. Partners of DLA Piper are not partners of CMA; and CMA partners are not partners of DLA Piper.
- Assisted in M&A regulatory and corporate approvals for insurance and reinsurance companies
- Assisted in the administrative defense of insurance companies and their officers
- Advised on all aspects of insurance and reinsurance regulation, compliance, corporate governance and market conduct
- Advised on the formation and licensing of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries and assisted in related regulatory and corporate approvals
- Assisted in the licensing of foreign reinsurers in Brazil and related regulatory and corporate approvals
- Advised on insurance products and program design and review according to Brazilian rules
- Advised on the licensing of startups in the regulatory sandbox program before the Brazilian Superintendence of Private Insurance
- Advised on regulation aspects of various healthcare matters
- Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro, LL.B., 2020