Eleni Alexiou Ph.D.she/herSenior Associate
Eleni Alexiou advises German and international clients on all aspects of data protection, in particular regarding compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation and national data protection law. Her legal advice focuses, inter alia, on cross-border compliance projects and data protection law issues in intra-group and international data transfers. In addition, she supports digital and data-driven business models of all kinds and advises, among other things, on the necessary contractual arrangements.
- Provided data protection law advice to one of Germany’s largest municipal utilities and service providers regarding the implementation of a new IT tool for conducting business partner screenings to prevent money laundering.*
- Provided legal advice in various projects concerning the creation of GDPR deletion concepts.*
- Provided comprehensive legal advice on the revision of internal data protection guidelines of an international organization.*
- Reviewed IT authorization concepts (regarding the identity and authorization management for a specific SAP system) implemented at an international fashion retail company.*
- Consulted various international companies on employee data protection related issues.*
- Adjusted Binding Corporate Rules of an international cloud provider according to the requirements defined by the competent data protection supervisory authority.*
- Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich, Dr.jur, 2018
- Higher Regional Court of Munich, Second Sate Examination, 2015
- Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich, First State Examination, 2013
Before joining DLA Piper in 2022, Eleni worked for different law firms in the field of IT- and Data Protection Law.