Lulwa Alzain is a qualified lawyer with several years of experience at the Bahrain office of DLA Piper, with primary focus on general corporate, regulatory, investigation, fraud, employment and intellectual property matters.
Lulwa has knowledge and understanding of local and regional laws and the regulatory framework in Bahrain whereby she provides a high level standard of legal services to local, regional and international clients.
Lulwa is career focused and detail oriented and has extensive experience in dealing with key international investors giving her the capacity, skills and caliber to meet the demands of elite clients.
- Advised and assisted a leading investment bank with restructuring their corporate and financial management in Bahrain.
- Advised and assisted a regional company on its exit strategy to one of its project companies amounting to circa USD14 million.
- Advised a number of regional and global companies, organisations and banks with respect to the impact of rules and regulations relating to COVID-19 to its employees and corporate operations.
- Advising Rain Financial their market entry strategy in accordance with the requirements set by the Central Bank of Bahrain, including the requirements under the Regulatory Sandbox. Rain Financial is one of the first three companies in the Middle East that exit the Regulatory Sandbox.
- Advised Bahrain Aluminium Extrusion Co. (Balexco) on its sale of Technical Middle East (Bahrain).
- Advised and assisted a food and beverage company on its sale of shares amounting to circa USD5.6 million in a leading food and beverage company in Bahrain.
- Assisted and advised a regional sovereign wealth fund of the viability in restructuring its funds to undertake real estate investments.
- Assisted and advised a regional bank in liquidating a number of its subsidiaries in Bahrain.
- Assisted and guided multinational companies and fintech companies in the establishment of their operations in Bahrain, as well as carrying out the necessary documentation and fulfilling the legal requirements for their local presence.
- SOAS, University of London, LLM, 2015
- University of Kent, LLB (Hons), 2014
- "Competition Law in the Kingdom of Bahrain", 2020
- "Use of Electronic Signatures and Electronic Records in the Kingdom of Bahrain", 2020
- "Bahrain: Amendments to the companies law", 2020
- "Bahrain: Ultimate Beneficial Owner and Economic Substance Return", 2020