Ignacio AntónLegal Director
Ignacio Antón is a Legal Director in the Real Estate department. Prior to his incorporation, Ignacio worked t Barclays Bank, S.A.U. as a legal manager of legal shared services, and as the secretary of the Board of Directors of the Barclays group's real estate companies in Spain. Formerly, he worked as associate in the real estate department of Landwell-PWC.
Throughout his career, Ignacio has gained relevant experience in all aspects of the real estate sector (sales and purchases, leases, condominium structures, project finance, etc.), as well as in real estate litigation (mortgage foreclosure proceedings, evictions), restructuring transaction of real estate companies, and commercial law regarding the setting up and management of real estate companies.
- Sale & Leaseback transaction regarding 87 bank branches located throughout Spain, for a total amount of € 87,000,000
- Acquisition of land plots, developments and other types of real estate assets, via debt for asset swap transactions, for a total value over € 250,000,000
- Sale and purchase of assets and a portfolio of rights transferred by Barclays Group to a real estate investor. The contentious credits and assets sold amounted to €300,000,000
- Restructuring operation for an aggregate over € 400,000,000
- Drafting, negotiating and executing of participative loans regarding Barclays' real estate companies for an amount exceeding € 300,000,000
- Sale and Purchase Agreement of a five star hotel located in Casares, Málaga, acquired by a sovereign fund from Qatar
- Mortgage loan in relation to 148 premises located in the Parque Corredor shopping centre located in Torrejón de Ardoz
- Acting for several investors and developers in relation to the leasing of retail units for different uses, such as DIY, electronic equipment shops, multiplex cinemas, fast-food restaurants, etc.
- Advising on management contracts relating to a five star resort, with golf course, hotel, and spa centre
- Drafting standard agreements for a national real estate group, regarding the appointment of architects, consultants and contractors and other construction professionals, to adapt them to the New Building Regulation Law (Ley de Ordenación de la Edificación) and to international practice
- Instituto de Empresa, Madrid, Master in Real Estate Law, 2002
- Instituto de Empresa, Madrid, Master in Legal Advice, 1999
- Universidad Pontificia de Comillas (ICADE), Degree in Law
- Updating of Memento Inmobiliario - Real Estate publication, over years 2004-2005 and 2005-2006
- Regular speaker in the San Pablo CEU University and ISDE in Real Estate executive programmes for professionals
- 2014 - Today, DLA Piper Spain, S.L.
- 2009 - 2014, Barclays Bank, S.A.U.
- 2005 - 2009, DLA Piper Spain, S.L.
- 2000 - 2004, Landwell- PWC
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of the Madrid Bar Association (Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de Madrid)