Eduardo Araya focuses his practice in providing legal advice to companies and individuals, in corporate aspects, companies, civil and commercial contracting, mergers and acquisitions, and intellectual and industrial property. In addition, he has experience as an internal lawyer in different companies related to finance, construction and elevators, with knowledge and practice in these markets and their regulation.
In addition, Eduardo regularly advises developing companies in the acquisition and financing of photovoltaic plants and has carried out studies in water management and regulation.
- Innergex Renewable Energy Inc.: Advised the client, as borrower, in the structuring and execution of a US$ 803.1 million refinancing transaction for its portfolio of assets in Chile, through a US$ 710 million private placement green bond and a US$ 93.1 million credit agreement.
- Odd Industries: Advised the client, a technology startup, in the sale of a majority stake to Maderas Arauco S.A., one of the largest companies in Chile.
- Soluciones en Minería y Energía SpA (“Zyght“): Advised the client in the sell and transfer of the commercial operations of Zyght, including all its technology, assets, certain liabilities and business, to the company Datamine Chile S.A., Chilean subsidiary of Vela Software International, Inc., a well-known global company in software development, marketing and related services.
- CarbonFree Technology Inc: Advised during all stages of development of photovoltaic power plants, from the due diligence processes in a greenfield stage until the acquisition, execution of the EPC and O&M agreement, and the operation stage of the power plants, performing due diligence over 60 projects, and advising in the acquisition of more than 40 power photovoltaic plants in the last years, many of them are now operating, comprised of approximately 360 megawatts (MW) of generation.
- E.ON Climate & Renewable Chile SpA: Continued advice on commercial and corporate matters, in the establishment of the company for the development of energy projects in Chile.
- Hidroeléctrica Dongo SpA: Assistance in investing in an energy company that owns run-of-the-river hydroelectric plants, and advice on the potential commercialization of the energy produced.
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Graduate in Law, 2012
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Water Law Special Course, 2012
- Best Lawyers®, Venture Capital, 2020-2022
- The Legal 500, Venture Capital, 2021-2022
Before joining the firm in 2015, Eduardo was an associate at a boutique law firm specialized in Water Law and Waste and, before that, an attorney with the Ministry of Mining.