Francesco Edoardo AscioneHe/himLegal Director
Francesco Edoardo Ascione is an Italian qualified lawyer skilled in corporate real estate & constructions filed, with over 14 years' experience advising top-notch domestic and international operators (AIFMs, equity and real estate funds, multinationals, public entities, pension funds, banks, luxury brands etc.) which have invested in the corporate real estate and construction Italian market.
Francesco has helped his clients to successfully implement their investments which comprise, inter alia, development projects of greenfield (i.e. construction of logistic use building complexes, office headquarters, nursing homes, health care facilities, residential complexes etc.), dismissal\acquisition of large multi-million real estate portfolios (encompassing office, retail, logistic, residential, healthcare, senior living, hotel & leisure assets), assistance in the securitisation's procedures of public owned real estate assets for the public debit reduction purpose, investment projects in health care facilities and nursing homes, leases of building to public bodies and relevant applicable legal framework, opening of flagship stores for luxury brands, etc.
- Advised a leading multi-asset alternative investment firm in relation to the development of a portfolio encompassing assets with logistic use to be realized and marketed in Italy.
- Advised a top-notch pan-European investment fund in relation to (i) the construction and/or acquisition of a portfolio of assisted living facilities / nursing home (RSA/RSD) located in Italy and (ii) negotiations of lease agreements/ lease of business and JVA with the leading domestic and international operators of the healthcare sector.
- Advised an international operator in relation to the implementation of new micro-living / shared living solutions in Italy in order to find the most suitable legal structures under Italian law.
- Advised leading luxury international brands in relation to the opening of their new Italian flagship-store in Rome.
- Advised an international insurance company in relation to their sizable real estate investments in Rome.
- Advised a leading player in the non-performing exposures sector in relation to the enforcement of a securitization procedure through the new Re.o.Co.'s regulations.
- Advised an AIF managed by one of the leading Italian AIFM in relation to the complete redevelopment and restyling of one of the first department luxury store in Italy, placed in an historic building in the hearth of Rome since the early 60'.
- Advised one of the Big Four in relation to the redevelopment project and leasing of their new headquarters in Italy.
- Advised an international public body in relation to the lease of a stand-alone office tower in the center of Milan completely used for co-working spaces.
- Advised an international AIFM in the divestment procedure of a portfolio composed by former public-owned iconic buildings, most of them having historic/cultural interest, in compliance with their peculiar applicable legal framework.
- Advised one of the largest Italian bank in the divestment procedure of a portfolio well-known as “Great Beauty” encompassing, inter alia, trophy assets located in center of Rome.
- Advised an Italian Health Care Company in the sale and leaseback of 8 medical centers (829 beds in total) and 1 outpatient center in Northern Italy.
- Second level degree in law (Master of Arts-LAW), magna cum laude (highest honors), at the University of Naples Federico II, Corso Umberto I, 40, 80138 – Napoli, Italy.
- Fellow of Academy of American and International Law, at the Center for American and International Law, Plano, Texas.
- Advanced intensive Legal / Business English program at University of California San Diego (UCSD), San Diego, California.
- Before joining DLA Piper, Francesco Edoardo Ascione worked with leading Italian and international law firms.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Admitted to the Rome bar