Christophe Bachelet has over 20 years’ experience of helping a wide range of clients in Morocco and North Africa with cross-border mergers and acquisitions, private equity, corporate structuring and open bid processes. He focuses particularly on the real estate, energy, industrial, and consumer goods and retail industries.
Christophe is a member of the Moroccan Association of Private Equity Investors (AMIC) where he participates in drafting committees for legal reforms. He is a member of the legal committee of Casablanca Finance City. In addition, he is a member of the Elite Program in collaboration with the Casablanca Stock Exchange, assisting companies with their initial public offerings.
Christophe is a regular lecturer on M&A and corporate governance topics at the International Chamber of Commerce in Casablanca, the International University of Rabat and the Moroccan Institute of Board Members. He is also a member of the Moroccan Association of Private Equity Investors (AMIC) where he participates as part of the drafting committees for legal reforms.
Prior to joining DLA Piper in 2015, Christophe spent 15 years in the Paris and Casablanca offices of a London-based multinational law firm.
Christophe's experience includes advising:
- The Abraaj Group, Emirates Hospital, MS Pharma on their investment projects in Morocco in the healthcare sector
- Sanofi Aventis on the sale of 51% of the shares and voting rights of Maphar, its Moroccan subsidiary, to Eurapharma
- Carrefour on its two strategic partnerships with Label Vie in Morocco
- Wilmar International on the acquisition of a strategic stake in Cosumar (public M&A transaction on the Casablanca stock exchange) and its partnership with Société Nationale d'Investissement
- CDG Group on the structuring, development and financing of the retail park, Healthcare center, industrial area and university campus of the new city Zenata
- Attijari Invest on the context of the creation of an investment fund for the implementation of energy efficiency projects
- Atlas Hospitality on its strategic partnership with FTI
- Mondelez on the acquisition of BIMO in Morocco and the restructuring of its coffee business in France and Morocco, its partnership with JDE and on its real estate divestiture plan
- The Moroccan State on the sale of a strategic stake in Somed
- Véolia Environnement Maroc on its project of partnership in the collection and reprocessing of medical waste
- HEC-ESCP, Postgraduate Degree in International Management and Law
- University of Paris X – Nanterre, Postgraduate Degree in Business law (DEA)
- Institut Commercial Supérieur, Professional Accounting Degree (DPECF)
- Leading individual, Commercial, Corporate and M&A, Morocco, The Legal 500 EMEA 2019-22
- Recommended lawyer, Tourism and Real Estate, Morocco, The Legal 500 EMEA 2022
- Ranked lawyer, Corporate/Commercial, Morocco, Chambers Global 2022
Publications and Media
- Morocco as a Business and Financial Hub to Africa, Morocco Now, 23 October 2021
Memberships And Affiliations
- Partner of the Elite Program in collaboration with the Casablanca Stock Exchange
- Member of the Moroccan Association of Private Equity Investors (AMIC)
- Member of the legal committee of Casablanca Finance City