Andreea Badea LMACounsel
Andreea maintains a close focus on regulatory practice, which she successfully combines with transactional work. She is sharp, savvy, and analytical, and always focused on the end result. Her deep understanding of the financial sector and financial regulations commends her as an outstanding regulatory lawyer, while her business-oriented approach, fine grasping of her clients’ commercial needs and responsiveness showcase her as an outstanding transactional lawyer.
She advises banks, investment funds, payment institutions and other financial institutions on the impact of financial services regulations in Romania. Her expertise also includes providing guidance on capital requirements, payments, governance and surveillance KYC/AML (Know Your Customer / Anti-Money Laundering).
She has also a broad experience across a wide range of transactional work including corporate, real estate acquisition and development financings, restructuring advice, loan portfolio sales and re-financings and has also experience in sovereign debt having advised the Romanian Ministry of Public Finance on its notes issuance under a MTN Programme during 2014 and 2016.
- Advising an Israeli bank on all legal aspects (including particular complex banking regulatory matters) in the context of the attempted exit from its Romanian subsidiary by way of sale of all its shares held in the Romanian bank to a sophisticated UK fund.
- Advising the Polish branch of a Spanish bank on a cross-border multi-jurisdictional project consisting in the intended provision of banking services towards the bank’s global and local large corporate clients on the markets of the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary and Romania.
- Advising a large CEE low-cost airline in relation to certain complex banking regulatory matters pertaining to the financing of a pilot training program.
- Advising a UK based payment institution providing payment services and related foreign exchange services through its Romanian branch in relation to certain regulatory requirements as well as in relation to its standard terms and conditions applicable when dealing with corporate and consumer clients.
- Advising the Hungarian branch of an Italian bank with respect to the Romanian law aspects pertaining to an uncommitted revolving trade finance facility in an aggregate amount of up to EUR 2,500,000 to granted to a Hungarian incorporated company acting in the agribusiness and the creation of certain Romanian governed security by its Romanian subsidiary.
- Advising an investment management company acting via an acquisition vehicle incorporated in Netherlands in relation to the financing under an EUR 33,000,000 term and revolving facility agreement concluded with a Dutch cooperative bank of the direct acquisition of a management of funds company and the indirect acquisition of its subsidiaries located in Romania, the Netherlands and Hong Kong as well as the refinancing of certain existing financial indebtedness.
- Advising an international financial institution on a guarantee issued by a Romanian bank for a loan to a leasing company incorporated under the laws of the Republic of Moldova owned by the Romanian bank, to help finance SME enterprises in Moldova.
- Advising a Georgian group active in the agricultural sector as purchaser in relation to the restructuring and acquisition of the debts contracted by a group of 9 Romanian companies (including loans and collateral with 4 Romanian banks).
- Advising a global development institution in connection with an EUR 29,000,000 loan agreement concluded with a local bank, as borrower for funding its lending operations to small and medium enterprises.
- Advising the Romanian public institution on the issuance of EUR 1,000,000,000 2.875 per cent. notes due October 2028 (to be consolidated and form a single series with the existing EUR 1,000,000,000 2.875 per cent. notes due 26 may 2028 issued on 26 may 2016) under the EUR 20,000,000,000 Global Medium Term Note Programme.
- University: Robert Schuman University, Faculty of Law and Political Sciences, Strasbourg, France; Degree: LMA Banking and Financial Law, 2006
- University: University of Bucharest, Law School; Degree: LL.B., 2005
- University: Collège Juridique Juridique Franco-Roumain d’Etudes Européennes, University of Paris I - Panthéon Sorbonne; Degree: LL.B. in European Union and French Law, 2005
- May 2019 - to date: Senior Associate, DLA Piper Bucharest
- May 2014 - April 2019: Managing Associate, DLA Piper Bucharest
- August 2011 - April 2014: Associate, DLA Piper Bucharest
- May - July 2009: Local Law Firm Bucharest, Associate
- February 2008 - April 2009: Local Law Firm Bucharest, Junior Associate
- August 2006 – January 2008: Local Law Firm, Junior Associate
- March 2006 – May 2006: US-based Global Law Firm, Paris, Trainee
- June 2005 – August 2005: International Law Firm, Bucharest, Trainee
- June 2004 – July 2004: Local Law Firm, Bucharest, Trainee
- September – October 2003: Internship offered by the French Romanian College of European Studies, Tribunal de Grande Instance de Bobigny, Section Civile et de Propriété Intellectuelle, Trainee
- Secondment for 1 year with RBS Romania branch
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of the Bucharest Bar and of the National Union of Romanian Bars