Janilú leads major domestic and cross-border M&A transactions and regularly advices clients on day-to-day corporate and commercial issues, providing business-wide solutions in all Corporate and M&A matters. These include the incorporation of entities, establishment of branches, corporate governance issues, corporate reorganizations, investment strategies, among others.
Her integrated transactional capabilities cover all bases – from negotiating reps and warranties to equity and debt financing– all while keeping a close eye on tax, labor and regulatory issues.
Janilú also has experience handling company groups who are looking to re-domicile entities and helps clients to reduce risks and increase the chances of carrying out a successful acquisition or merger, being an expert in due diligence proceedings.
Janilu has advised:
- Graña y Montero S.A.A. in the sale of Larco Mar Mall
- In the acquisition and sale of the shares representing the capital stock of Transportadora de Gas del Perú S.A.
- In the acquisition of Adexus S.A.
- Grupo Ripley in the spinoff of Aventura Plaza S.A.
She has also been senior advisor to Fortaleza Fondo de Inversión de Capital Privado I in the acquisition of an ownership interest of the capital stock in companies such as Hass Perú S.A., Promotick S.A.C., Clínica Médica Cayetano.
- Law Degree, Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú 2008
- Chambers Global
2019 - Associate to Watch, Peru Corporate/M&A
- The Legal 500 Latin America
2022 - Next Generation Partner, Peru Corporate and M&A
2018-19, 2021 - Recommended, Peru Corporate and M&A
- Leaders League: "Highly recommended" in M&A (2018-2021)
- LACCA: "Approved" in Corporate and M&A (2018 – 2021)
- Last March 8, in commemoration of Women's Day, the Gender and Diversity Committee of DLA Piper Peru organized a virtual event in which we shared experiences and leadership samples of four exceptional women in the legal field. More info here >>
- Lemontech interviews our partner Janilú Badiola Leguía, in which she shares her vision of today's legal sector and the inclusion of women in the legal industry. Read it here >>
- "DLA Piper lawyer who began as intern makes partner in Lima," Latin Lawyer, 13 FEB 2019
- August - December 2010: Teaching Assistant for the "Topics of Commercial Law: Integral Legal Approach of the Company" course at the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú
Memberships And Affiliations
- Lima Bar Association