Simone Bajraszewski (née Lim)Senior Associate
Simone Bajraszewski is a Senior Associate in the Melbourne Corporate group. Simone is an experienced corporate M&A practitioner focusing on cross border and domestic private treaty M&A, with a particular focus on the renewable energy sector.
Simone also acts for a number of W&I insurers on W&I underwriting matters.
Simone was a finalist for the 2018 Lawyers' Weekly 30 Under 30 Award in the Mergers and Acquisitions category.
- Advising various Australian and global developers on proposed investments into Australian renewable energy projects and portfolios across a broad range of technologies including solar PV, wind, offshore wind and BESS.
- Advising hyperscale data centre specialist AirTrunk on the AUD3bn sale of a majority of equity to Macquarie Group's infrastructure arm, Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets.
- Advising Speedcast on various divestments of non-core assets including the sale of certain assets to Inmarsat, a mobile satellite communications company.
- Advising Assembly Payments in relation to the demerger of its platform payments business and banking as a service business and related investment in the platform payments business by Standard Chartered Bank.
- Advising DIYBlinds (a Melbourne-based manufacturer and online retailer of blinds, shutters and curtains) on investment by the Australian Business Growth Fund.
- Advising BlackRock on its follow on investment in Jolt Australia (a large-scale developer of electric vehicle charging stations).
- Advising Banpu Energy Australia on various opportunities in Australia including its first renewables investment in Australia, being its acquisition of a portfolio of two operating utility scale solar projects in New South Wales from New Energy Solar Limited.
- Advising Wipro Limited on its acquisition of Ampion, an Australia-based provider of cyber security, DevOps and quality engineering services, for a purchase price in excess of USD100m.
- Advising Siemens Project Ventures GmbH on its divestment of its equity interest in the Forest Wind Project in QLD.
- Advising Rheem (a global leader in water heating and space heating technology and manufacturing) on its investment into Australian energy management company Combined Energy Technologies.
College of Law, Diploma of Legal Practice, 2014
University of Melbourne, Juris Doctor, 2013
University of Melbourne, Bachelor of Commerce, 2010
Finalist for the 2018 Lawyers' Weekly 30 Under 30 - Mergers and Acquisitions award.
- Advised a number of charities including The Big Issue, SecondBite and Oxfam, on a pro bono basis in relation to general corporate and commercial matters.
Memberships And Affiliations
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises DIY Blinds on investment from Australian Business Growth Fund
11 October 2022 .2 minute read
DLA Piper advises Banpu Energy Australia on first renewable power investment in Australia
6 June 2021 .4 minute read